Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Do I want litchi!

Hiwayman

Reaction score
Guys
I've read a huge amount about litchi and really can't decide if I want it...I guess there is a sub contious reassurance using the manufacturers own software but I also see some lovely smooth automated flights off litchi.
Is going through the learning curve with new software really worth it....will litchi become second nature very quickly?

Lots of your valuable experiences please...??

Reactions: 614 Sky Hawk
I use Litchi extensively and I have had more issues with DJI software than with Litchi, actually I have had no problems with Litchi. It is easy to learn, has some great tools for antonymous flights.

I suppose it depends what you are using your drone for. I use Litchi for most of my work other than mapping. It is great for doing panos.

With so much positive feedback on the web I decided to invest...now on a rapid learning curve for future missions.

Thanks guys.

With so much positive feedback on the web I decided to invest...now on a rapid learning curve for future missions.

Thanks guys.
If you have any questions about it, there are plenty of people here that use it and will help you out. If not, you can PM and I'll try to help.

Guys
I've read a huge amount about litchi and really can't decide if I want it...I guess there is a sub contious reassurance using the manufacturers own software but I also see some lovely smooth automated flights off litchi.
Is going through the learning curve with new software really worth it....will litchi become second nature very quickly?

I've had 178 flights with dji go no issues from app ever . litchi was the only time i had issues . used it twice and haven't felt safe using it . though many love it i have not rebuilt my confidence in it yet . good for way point mission which i never fly so feel no good use for it . jmho

Reactions: dirkclod
When using Litchi (I've only ever used Android) it seems to be important that DJI Go is not running in the background. To this end I actually have a tablet with just Litchi (no DJI Go) installed. 100% for me so far.

Guys

Get Litchi !!!! Dji has a great app but Litchi opens up your drone and allow it to do way more stuff than the Dji App plus, Dji also supports Litchi and you can get better shots and video.

Get it,

C. Stringer
"Buckeye Country"

The Phantom Filmschool on Udemy.com helped me a lot with Litchi. It not only shows you how to use the Litchi features, but also how to combine them to produce the smooth cinematic shots we are after. The downside is that it is a paid online course, but often you can get them at discount.

When using Litchi (I've only ever used Android) it seems to be important that DJI Go is not running in the background. To this end I actually have a tablet with just Litchi (no DJI Go) installed. 100% for me so far.

You are absolutely right, I made that mistake when I first started using Litchi. I would bet that many that have had problems with Litchi is because they DJI running in the background.

Reactions: Rudder Bug
You are absolutely right, I made that mistake when I first started using Litchi. I would bet that many that have had problems with Litchi is because they DJI running in the background.

Interesting, Litchi makes API calls to the DJI SDK. I would think Litchi would not work without the DJI installation. Hmmmm....

Interesting, Litchi makes API calls to the DJI SDK. I would think Litchi would not work without the DJI installation. Hmmmm....

The other day I had to change my camera settings and adjust yaw sensitivity and it could only be done with the DJI app. After I was done I logged off DJI, started Litchi and flew flawlessly with the settings changed to my likings. It seems to be the right way. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Gilles

Litchi needs DJI Go installed to work. AND ... you cannot install 3rd party apps onto the Crystal Sky device. Period. Unless you find a hack. Send it back and get the Pro model, use the extra money for a battery.

If on Android, make sure that the flight app you are using is the only app running. All other apps should be 'forced to stop' via the App Manager.

Guys

I use Litchi and find it useful. Some settings can only be changed in the DJI app, however I have found on Android the DJI app is prone to crashing. Litchi is great for doing pano shots and if you want and are allowed, also do pre programmed missions. Litchi was also the first to use VR which is fun to let other people experience a flight. Another good thing is there are no consistent warnings distracting you during a flight. The DJI app has constant warnings, especially with the new firmware update. High Winds warnings popping up on my screen while I'm trying to concentrate, when I already know it is slightly windy is not helpful. Worth the money!

Litchi is supposed to now be supported on the P4P+ CS integrated tablet through Amazon download. I haven't tried it yet as time has been constrained with work but I'm waiting to hear feedback from those that have tested it. Litchi worked great with my P3P and I never had issues with the app. I flew numerous waypoint missions with varying complex moves and it worked great. The biggest issue has been people having the GO app running in the background of their devices. In the case of app crashes, the number one thing to remember is take manual control of your airframe and always be capable of flying it yourself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakil10