Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Do you have to restart your DJI drone multiple times to get it to work?

Ravenflight

Reaction score
Website
ravenflight.net
Almost every time I go to fly my Inspire 1, the first couple times I take off it hits 98', says "maximum flight altitude reached" and I have to land, power cycle both the aircraft and the controller, and try again. It usually works on the 3rd or 4th try but there's no way to know if it will or not until I take off. This makes me look foolish in front of clients but worse it wastes time and battery power. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you deal with it? Just keep trying with your fingers crossed?

I've heard of this before but unfortunately I don't recall what the solution for it is.

Have you logged OUT and back into your DJI Go account? I seem to recall some people doing this to "Validate" the DJI Account and resolving a similar flight restriction issue.

Have you asked this question over in
DJI Inspire Drone Forum

I have logged out and back in. I've also reinstalled the GO app. Firmware is up to date (which could easily be the issue--I've got to learn not to update that thing too quickly). My iPad is on 11.2.2. Holding off on updating that since I've heard the GO app doesn't work with 11.2.5.

I have not asked in the Inspire forum but I will. Thanks!

I have logged out and back in. I've also reinstalled the GO app. Firmware is up to date (which could easily be the issue--I've got to learn not to update that thing too quickly). My iPad is on 11.2.2. Holding off on updating that since I've heard the GO app doesn't work with 11.2.5.

I have not asked in the Inspire forum but I will. Thanks!

Are you using GO or GO 4? I recently dumped the GO App and started using the GO 4 App and it has resolved a lot of small issues and seems to be much more stable. There is a warning banner in the GO 4 App on start up that describes the problems associated with the latest update none of which relate to my setup.

Are you using GO or GO 4? I recently dumped the GO App and started using the GO 4 App and it has resolved a lot of small issues and seems to be much more stable. There is a warning banner in the GO 4 App on start up that describes the problems associated with the latest update none of which relate to my setup.
I'm using GO. The GO 4 app doesn't work with the I1, or least it didn't when they launched it. If that's changed I'll definitely give it a try.

I had this happen one or two times before (I have a P3 SE). I did the same as you, brought it back, power cycled everything, then it worked. I havent seen it in quite some time though.
I seem to remember reading the Go 4 app was for P4, I2 and something else, did that change now?

I have never had that problem with the Inspire, but I don't use the Go 4 app, I use Litchi and Drone Deploy.

I'm using GO. The GO 4 app doesn't work with the I1, or least it didn't when they launched it. If that's changed I'll definitely give it a try.

I'll check on the I 1 for you. I think it said for the Inspire series. I know it did state the P4 series.

Try using Litchi. I never went back to the Go after trying Litchi 3 years ago. Too many update problems, the last one cost me $1500.

I have Autopilot and Litchi and neither of them will fly the drone at all. They'll both connect but the connection is sketchy and the telemetry incomplete. When I try to engage nothing happens. I've check all the settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. No change. I've been using Autopilot for over a year now. I just bought Litchi after Autopilot quit working thinking it was just one more bug with that app but then Litchi wouldn't work either. When GO isn't having it's own issues the multiple flight modes all work fine except "follow me," of course. Autopilot gives me a yellow bar with a strange message in it which I can't immediately recall but it had been throwing all kinds of errors and flying erratically and violently well before it quit working. Litchi doesn't give me any errors but I also don't know what I'm doing with it.

I have Autopilot and Litchi and neither of them will fly the drone at all. They'll both connect but the connection is sketchy and the telemetry incomplete. When I try to engage nothing happens. I've check all the settings, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. No change. I've been using Autopilot for over a year now. I just bought Litchi after Autopilot quit working thinking it was just one more bug with that app but then Litchi wouldn't work either. When GO isn't having it's own issues the multiple flight modes all work fine except "follow me," of course. Autopilot gives me a yellow bar with a strange message in it which I can't immediately recall but it had been throwing all kinds of errors and flying erratically and violently well before it quit working. Litchi doesn't give me any errors but I also don't know what I'm doing with it.
Ravenflight, if you could post some of the specific error etc that you're seeing, someone here could possibly help you decipher them. I haven't used autopilot but I do have Litchi (with a P3 SE) and havent had any issues. There are also some good tutoials on youtube etc if you google it.
One thing to remember with follow me (if you don't already know) is that it requires GPS, so if you are using a mobile device (like an iPad or tablet) that doesn't have cellular, it wont have GPS. (from what Ive been told) I have a wifi only iPad and it wouldn't work, tried it on my phone and it worked great.
Anyway, I wouldn't throw in the towel on Litchi, its a great tool.

I haven't personally had this problem, but I have heard of it before. It is a common issue on other drones like the Parrot Bebop 2.

this happened to me... the fix that works for me is to double tap the home button on the ipad and re-open the dji go app...then it works fine. If you leave the app open whilst changing batteries etc you will have the same issue, therefore, power up the tx, then the system then open the app.

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM