Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Drone Deploy Issue

Well, to clarify more I never have multiple apps OPEN at the same time. Everything in DroneDeploy including 360's, progress photos and video. When the photo and video flight get complex I use Litchi. I don't use DJI Go 4 for anything except updating firmware and calibrating.

Yeah I was responding to the suggestion you should not use more than one app in total in a day or whatever. I don't think it's really possible to run different apps concurrently, at minimum I'm confident doing so will immediately result in noticeable issues you will find necessary to sort out before continuing. Before I figured out my order of operations I had Go4 and Pix4D fight for access before, all that happened is one of them just wouldn't connect.

And frankly Go4 will just ditch me mid flight on it's own, so after a few instances of that I learned the controller has the link you need to worry about, and just calmly open the app back up and it links back up. (It forgets everything it did so I still note my times for the logbook and don't just count on the app for a tally.) I think I narrowed that down to the shoddy way the controller hugs the phone and it wiggles the cord, it's gets an interrupted data stream and crashes, I suspect. I'm looking for some higher quality cords with low profile connectors.

I only run Android though, and I've noticed my no default USB setting kind of forces the app to declare it wants to use the USB any time it gets disconnected and thus gives me an opportunity to lock it out if I don't want to allow it.

Why I use Multiple apps, well I like Litchi for my way point flights, and Drone Deploy for mapping. I use DJI 4 for doing my panos. I guess it's just what I'm comfortable with and have been using this routine for a couple years now. However I just started doing way point flights prior to mapping and that is when the problem started.

The Litchi way point flight completed so it wasn't waiting to finish a mission.

Have you tried DroneDeploy for autonomous video and pano flights? Works very well.

Have you tried DroneDeploy for autonomous video and pano flights? Works very well.

No, haven't tried DD for waypoint or pano flights. Like I said I seem to have better results doing pano's manually. I check out their waypoint flights.

I just set up a flight video flight on DD, two problems, seems to insist on POI and I don't use them. Also has one fixed altitude and again that doesn't work for me. Also when flying the simulation it turns the drone towards the POI and not the camera, now I didn't actually fly the mission but from the simulation it seems as though it would.
Litichi allows me to set different altitudes along the flight path, also I control the camera, not the software.
I love DD for mapping, it does a great job, if it had the same features as Litchi for waypoint flights I would probably use it. Litchi is terrible doing panos, at least for me.
As for Panos I can have Litchi fly to an exact point, pause it long enought to do a pano, fly to next point, pano, next point and pano, next point pano, then return. That way all panos are shot from exact location and altitude and I can get four panos between battery changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: adm_geomatics
No, haven't tried DD for waypoint or pano flights. Like I said I seem to have better results doing pano's manually. I check out their waypoint flights.
The pano is limited to a sphere, but it works very well. The waypoint mission (Progress Photos) is pretty limited IMHO. It's really only good for a round trip on a single POI. We're working on them to add a traditional manual waypoint with multiple POI's, but their design intent is not really on the pure photography videography side so it will probably be a little while.

I just set up a flight video flight on DD, two problems, seems to insist on POI and I don't use them. Also has one fixed altitude and again that doesn't work for me. Also when flying the simulation it turns the drone towards the POI and not the camera, now I didn't actually fly the mission but from the simulation it seems as though it would.
Litichi allows me to set different altitudes along the flight path, also I control the camera, not the software.
I love DD for mapping, it does a great job, if it had the same features as Litchi for waypoint flights I would probably use it. Litchi is terrible doing panos, at least for me.
Literally posting at the same time! Great minds think alike.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Igwe3