Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Drone Deploy Yuneec Drones

Not too scalable if you are looking to do this as a business. You really need the capabilities of the mapping apps to do complex sites like this quarry, with a 500-foot elevation change from end-to-end.
Not arguing that point at all. It can be used for simple stuff and if the developer of the app wanted to add just a few things to it, it would be useful. It may still not be usefull for complex sites, but certainly for simple ones.

Yuneec only does it with the 520 and it's the Yuneec app that does the controlling. It's a little more difficult but you can do it with the H, if you have Tuna's app. I wish he would add-in an easy way to set up a mapping mission, but you can still do it and the pictures you take are fine for any of the online mapping programs. This is how I did it:
This isn't a massive area or impressive or anything, especially since I was trying to keep the mapping portion to be free. It does show that it can be done and it's not too difficult.
Thank you so very much! This answers all the questions I had in one fell swoop!

I was trying to figure out if UAV Toolbox was going to be any benefit to have and you showed me that it is indeed! My THANKS To Tuna too for developing the app!

Yuneec only does it with the 520 and it's the Yuneec app that does the controlling. It's a little more difficult but you can do it with the H, if you have Tuna's app. I wish he would add-in an easy way to set up a mapping mission, but you can still do it and the pictures you take are fine for any of the online mapping programs. This is how I did it:
This isn't a massive area or impressive or anything, especially since I was trying to keep the mapping portion to be free. It does show that it can be done and it's not too difficult.

I for one, really appreciate your video! When I was told by other H users that I couldn't do mapping unless I spent thousands of dollars for the 520 I couldn't believe it wasn't possible and your video proves it. I just got my H and installed the RealSense module. I downloaded the UAV Toolbox by Tuna and am going to give them both a go this weekend! Thanks Again

I wish he would add-in an easy way to set up a mapping mission, but you can still do it and the pictures you take are fine for any of the online mapping programs. ...
When I was told by other H users that I couldn't do mapping unless I spent thousands of dollars for the 520 I couldn't believe it wasn't possible and your video proves it.
To call that mapping is quite an exaggeration.
For such a small area it would have been easier to shoot the semi-random photos manually.
That method isn't something you could use professionally.

For mapping you need to be able to fly a precise grid and shoot precisely overlapping images.
Here is an example of a real mapping mission for a 42 acre site. The resulting orthophoto is composed from 270 individual images.
First plan and fly the site in a precise grid to capture photos with a precise front and side overlap (here it's 75%)
i-fvtdmgg-L.png

Example images, note the uniform movement between adjacent images to get the correct overlap.
i-D7t6p3D-L.jpg

This plot shows the positioning of the images and demonstrates the precision of the mission
i-Kn43TxZ-L.jpg

The finished image is huge and looks like this:
i-MCZFF55-XL.jpg

Here's a look at a small section in detail:
DJI_0203-236a-X3.jpg

To run mapping missions you need a drone that has an SDK that will allow the mapping app to control the flight and take care of acquiring the images.
You can't do it by hand or the semi-random method shown in the video.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164