Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DroneBase? Any Good

colinjfischer

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently signed up for Dronebase. Has anyone used this service? Is it worth it?

Hi,
I recently signed up for Dronebase. Has anyone used this service? Is it worth it?

I've seen some mixed reviews on it, but mostly good. The best thing I read though was that jobs may only pay around $20 with some people never getting paid which if you can get hired on your own by a realtor then you're just selling yourself short. You could make more on your own but could possibly be less jobs.

Reactions: APEX^ZERO
I've seen some mixed reviews on it, but mostly good. The best thing I read though was that jobs may only pay around $20 with some people never getting paid which if you can get hired on your own by a realtor then you're just selling yourself short. You could make more on your own but could possibly be less jobs.
I’ve done some work for them. The $20 jobs called “pano missions” are no longer available. They’ve been phased out to be replaced with something that hasn’t been announced yet. There are also “client missions” which pay better, $60 for about 10 minutes flying time taking photos. I missed a job for $225 to do some video which would have taken less then an hour. The jobs are sent out via email to multiple pilots in the area. First one to respond gets the job.

Reactions: Kyle Damon
I've been doing work for them since last June. Pano missions are still being had (at least in my area) but you cannot access them through the mobile app, I've been actually selling a few. Sometimes its tough to get client missions that guarantee a pay out but aside from that I've enjoyed doing work for them.

Hi,
GOOD and BAD just remember once you sale your work to drone base it becomes theirs . you will have no rights to it and drone base becomes the middle man and the middle man makes all the money . personally i think it's bad for the drone industry but we all have our opinions . it is easy for people to go and take some shots and make 20 to 80 bucks per shoot . instead of going out and working to build clients and make 10 times what they pay out . again JMHO

I've done a few Dronebase jobs. Been paid for the jobs where they actually reached out within an hour of uploading assets. The prices aren't great if you're doing the pano missions, but I have had the chance to get decent payouts for a few minutes of flying on the client missions.

I could see the client missions being worth it but you have to beat everyone to the punch for them. I like the idea of building relationships with clients but I can see how this would be a good addition or filler.

Kyle,
That’s the route we atypically take with Dronebase. I don’t think anyone wanting to succeed in this industry, would be satisfied with using companies such as dronebase as your primary bread and butter. ( No offense to Dronebase, they’re good people). I’d much rather build our reputation through our work, and build clientele.

I’ve done some work for them. The $20 jobs called “pano missions” are no longer available. They’ve been phased out to be replaced with something that hasn’t been announced yet. There are also “client missions” which pay better, $60 for about 10 minutes flying time taking photos. I missed a job for $225 to do some video which would have taken less then an hour. The jobs are sent out via email to multiple pilots in the area. First one to respond gets the job.
Apparently my local area is flooded with DB pilots as the missions are taken in literally minutes. Hadone go in about 30 seconds two days ago, got the email while I was on my computer at home and immediately logged on and it was gone!

Hi,
I have done 11 client missions for them over the last year. Sometimes the pay is good and sometimes it isn't so good but you always have the opportunity to reject a job. I have rejected a few that required me to drive a good distance for little pay. I have done a lot of work for Betterview doing roof inspections and parking lot paving inspection photos. They tend to pay more and I really enjoy working with them. They have assigned a number of very large jobs to me and that makes it worth the drive out of town for me.

Hi All,
That was the feeling I was getting - possibly worth it, but borderline at best.

I won't spend a lot of time with it....Thanks!

The real issue for me is that the engagement pricing is set by the consumer. This is quite backwards. It is also a very dangerous precedent to set if the commercialization of sUAS is to ever become viable.

Hi All,
That was the feeling I was getting - possibly worth it, but borderline at best.

I won't spend a lot of time with it....Thanks!
I just got an invitation 2 days ago to onboard. Dronebase has partnered with Eagleview OnSite Solutions and you get a link to an Eagleview Onsite 6-part course with tests at the end of each course. Once you successfully complete it online you get a certificate of completion and they will assign a test mission within 48 hours then send a badge for you to wear out on each assignment. I am currently awaiting my test mission which I should receive today. Sounded interesting as they will cover your liability insurance for each assignment. Has anyone else done this? There has been a lot of storm and hail damage in my area and they mentioned Allstate in the course.

Reactions: Local UAS
I just got an invitation 2 days ago to onboard. Dronebase has partnered with Eagleview OnSite Solutions... Sounded interesting as they will cover your liability insurance for each assignment. Has anyone else done this?

^^^ THIS. I'm an in the same place and awaiting their test mission to complete. Has anyone here completed any Eagleview OnSite missions for All-State via DroneBase?

Would love to find out more about this. I signed up for dronebase but haven't done a mission yet. Don't yet have a drone capable of it.

I just got an invitation 2 days ago to onboard. Dronebase has partnered with Eagleview OnSite Solutions and you get a link to an Eagleview Onsite 6-part course with tests at the end of each course. Once you successfully complete it online you get a certificate of completion and they will assign a test mission within 48 hours then send a badge for you to wear out on each assignment. I am currently awaiting my test mission which I should receive today. Sounded interesting as they will cover your liability insurance for each assignment. Has anyone else done this? There has been a lot of storm and hail damage in my area and they mentioned Allstate in the course.

It would be great if you would keep us updated on your test mission and any follow-on work!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM