Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

(Edited by Admin) I thought I was a bottom feeder...lol

Rob, if you are looking for another insurance option AirModo may be a good place to look. Through our mobile app we offer both hourly and annual insurance options for less. Policies are underwritten by USAIG one of the largest aircraft insurers in the US. Certificates of insurance (COI) are available 24/7 through the app. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

I keep seeing these jobs on droners where they want 25 images, for a property 100 miles from anything. They want you to post signs, mark corners with stakes, and go buy the materials. Budget is $100. And I keep seeing the jobs being awarded. Who in their right mind is taking these jobs?
I also see a guy on there with jobs all across the country, wanting photos of properties he's never seen, shot list to be sent after the bid...budget...$100. most of the time it's a single property in some small town where the locals most likely don't even have drones, so surely someone has to travel. Once again, the jobs keep getting awarded. Only hurting the business in general when they drive prices down like that.

I keep seeing these jobs on droners where they want 25 images, for a property 100 miles from anything. They want you to post signs, mark corners with stakes, and go buy the materials. Budget is $100. And I keep seeing the jobs being awarded. Who in their right mind is taking these jobs?
I also see a guy on there with jobs all across the country, wanting photos of properties he's never seen, shot list to be sent after the bid...budget...$100. most of the time it's a single property in some small town where the locals most likely don't even have drones, so surely someone has to travel. Once again, the jobs keep getting awarded. Only hurting the business in general when they drive prices down like that.
I bet it is S.R. --> Scott Rose (and team) from Dronevideos

Tried for 5 years to workout a high volume setup with them, but they won't.. cause they keep getting Yes's to these requests you mention.

Tried for 5 years to workout a high volume setup with them, but they won't.. cause they keep getting Yes's to these requests you mention.
100% correct. That is the main one I keep seeing. But there are many others that seem to follow the same pricing.

and just a quick glance on their website. They are charging $400 for basic real estate photos, but the budget is $100 on droners? 75% profit just for outsourcing?

and thing like this...$300 to shoot a whole wedding... :oops:
"looking for a pilot to shoot landscape, venue, photosession, broll and ceremony for our client in 4k.

Date: June 3, 2023

Category: Wedding

Budget: $300.00
"

already has 5 bids...

seriously people!!!???

5 "BIDS"... we Bid well above the 'budget' most times
i was beginning to think my pricing was way off! (not really) there were a few jobs in the middle of nowhere that would have been 5-6 hours roundtrip just for driving, and then the "client" was wanting 20+ 4k videos and 50-60 photos. budget ... $200. somehow, the job got picked up. I just wish I could see what the winning bids are on some of these, or at least see who got the job so I can watch for reviews afterwards.

The number of sub-$100 bids on Droners.io I concur is currently out-of-control. I get a ton of inquiries asking me to drive 2-3 hours with short notice and turn around jobs within 8-12 hours and expect us to take that in for $100-$150. No way. With insurance and overhead charges being what they are, I just decline to bid. It seems all the commercial operators in my area are also well invested in automation to get notifications and turn bids around in record time just to get a crack at the job, but it is not worth devaluing the entire ecosystem for all of us IMHO. ( We are in Utah, south of Salt Lake County ).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donut