Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Editing Software

Which of the aforementioned video editors have the ability to color grade footage. I know Premiere and Final Cut Pro and Resolve do, but these others? Do PowerDirector and HitFilm have color grading?

I view color grading as an essential tool. Cool video transitions and special effect have their place, but are way down on my list. What tools/capabilities are high on your list and which are at the bottom?

Yes, Yes, Frame capture can be done on the ipad by IOS commands. Perfect Video Pro 4.99.

Speed goes to 6X. But, for faster speeds, save at 6X then edit that clip and add another 6X for 12X and on and on.

Famous Quote: "How do you get to Carnegie Hall?" ... "Practice, my friend, practice". There is no substitute for talent and hard work. Note that neither of those alone usually get to realized excellence.

Another good training resource is Lynda.com - they have very complete training programs on all the major video editing programs. The training cost is a monthly subscription.

Last edited:
Just saw a plan on Adobe for 9.99/month.

Your choice of:

• Creative Cloud Photography plan with Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC, and 20 GB or 1 TB of cloud storage
  • Lightroom CC plan with 1 TB of cloud storage
  • Up to 10TB of cloud storage available (Call for details)
Is this what everyone uses?

I use the Adobe Photography Plan (9.99) for photos -- Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop CC .
For video editing and color correction I use the free version of Davinci Resolve.

You can edit videos in Photoshop CC but the rendering takes FOREVER (at least it does on my PC).

Final Cut Pro here, as of this week running on new 10-core iMac Pros.

Mac Pro Tools (FCP 10.4, Motion and Compressor) with iMac Pro 8 core. Seamless, no key framing and the best 3rd party plugins and generators in the business (Coremelt, Pixel Film Studios, Ripple, Fx Factory).

Reactions: Avocet
Messages: Although I like Adobe products, e.g., Adobe Lightroom, I decided to try Blackmagic Design's DaVinci Resolve 14 for video editing - the price was attractive. So far, I have been pleased with it. (It is a robust program so you will need a capable computer.)

If anyone is interested in trying DaVinci Resolve and wants a primer, I can recommend the lecture series entitled "Phantom Editing School" which is available through Udemy (udem.com). The co-instructors are Laurence Seberini (Adobe Premier Pro lectures) and Albert Dianthus (DaVinci Resolve lectures).

Reactions: Brent10
In the U.K., the indust
Which of the aforementioned video editors have the ability to color grade footage. I know Premiere and Final Cut Pro and Resolve do, but these others? Do PowerDirector and HitFilm have color grading?

I view color grading as an essential tool. Cool video transitions and special effect have their place, but are way down on my list. What tools/capabilities are high on your list and which are at the bottom?
Resolve is an amazing free piece of software, and the fully featured version has its fans in the pro market here in the U.K. If you have the patience (and there are plenty of YouTube tutorials) you won’t get bigger bang for your buck anywhere.
My 02

I got Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC for 9.99/month. Seems reasonable.

Just saw a plan on Adobe for 9.99/month.

Your choice of:

• Creative Cloud Photography plan with Lightroom CC, Photoshop CC, and 20 GB or 1 TB of cloud storage
  • Lightroom CC plan with 1 TB of cloud storage
  • Up to 10TB of cloud storage available (Call for details)
Is this what everyone uses?
those are the two apps i use for stills.

I'm a CC user too but I just thought I'd mention Lightworks for video editing. The free version is fully-featured but will only export to YouTube. They make a big selling point about how it was used for a number of high-profile Hollywood films. I haven't used it myself though.

I've used Lightroom for video editing, but not in the way one would think of video editing; cuts, callouts, adding/editing text, sound... Rather, I was able to adjust levels and other parameters just as you would with a still image.

I used Premiere for many years. I had a love hate relationship with it but once the hate exceeded the love I moved on. A big frustration for me with premiere is the constant zooming in and out on the timeline to get the tools to do what you need. We use Davinci Resolve now. Far from perfect (as any editor app is) but still a great product that is incredibly powerful. My wife and I use it in collaboration mode with a QNAP LAMP NAS for the PostgreSQL DB and it's just wonderful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaklein91