Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Experiences with Precision Hawk

CAS

DSAR Member
Reaction score
Esteemed colleagues of the sky,

We're considering purchasing the Precision Hawk system and becoming a member of Drone.io. Has anyone had any good/bad/other experiences with these two entities that they'd be willing to share? Anything you maybe wished you knew before starting with them? Has anyone used their software, and found their products useful/un

Thanks in advance for the insight!

Safe Flight,
Ceres Aerial Team

My company is about 3 days from purchasing the firefly pro for a bunch of upcoming mapping and aerial video/pictures. We will be using their system so I can update you in a couple months. As for droner.io, I've been using it for about 6 months and it works pretty well..as normal, the rates are low and competition is high so you basically are competing with anyone that gets a notification for a bid request, but overall I've had some success with it but its definitely not promoted very well so there isn't typically very much work through it...yet.

Reactions: Ryan Weaver
Ryan,

Thanks for the reply. We'd definitely be interested in hearing your reviews on the Firefly. We're considering the Quantix for a similar mission; will post our experiences with it should it pass the muster.

Safe flight,

CAS Team

My personal experience with Precision Hawk is that they are complete schisters, and getting away with it. A particular sensor they are the only distributor for, they quoted me at $84k, when the product manager of the sensor for the company at where it is made, quoted me $30k. Further, I was quoted $10k a year for the PH software. On a followup call taken about a month later, the same PH sales guy- who obviously didn't remember what he quoted me, then quoted me $60k for the sensor. I called his bluff on the phone and he just stammered. The call ended there. Spend your money the way you want, but I prefer good business. F**k PH.

Hey I am an engineer that works for a rival company (Sentera) so I am have some bias but I'd love to answer any question you might have! What are your plans with the drone and sensor?

@Peter Gagliardi - Hope you were/are serious about willing to answer questions. I have just been appointed the RPIC to fly the company drone (Matrice 200) operating with Sentera firmware/software. Due to high winds I have yet launched the bird for it's maiden flight. Have spoken with Steve & Matt at Sentera - most helpful - in setting up the drone. Any input/advice/pointers you are willing to share will be MUCH APPRECIATED. I am a total newbie with this machine and operating platform.

Thanks in advance for any and all input

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum so please feel free to correct me if posting in the wrong place. I'd like some advice in buying a firefly pro too, and the recommended software as well. I inquired PresicionHawk about it.
I will be working in the Mayan Riviera taking orthos and point clouds.I would also be looking at going for agricultural projects in Northeast Mexico.
I had a bad experience buying a Sensefly eBee RTK from a supplier in Mexico (where I currently live and work), although that was mainly the supplier's training inexperience.

Thanks in advance ad I hope you had a great time on Holidays!

We heard many praises of precisionhawk so we approached them ourselves. Unfortunately we never got past signing papers. We too experienced the scheister side of sales which is a very bad indicator. Once discussions got more technical getting good and timely responses from someone who is actually knowledgeable was not a good experience. That said we never really got to use the software besides t-shirt demo so the benefits of it you may have been worth more than the initial BS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premier Drone Services