Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

FAA is certainly trying to catch up

Tim Jones

Reaction score
Not real sure what his site is all about, but will be checking back

FAADroneZone - Coming Soon!

The FAA will be launching the FAA DroneZone on January 6, 2018. The forms on this website will not be available once the FAA's DroneZone Portal launches. The FAA DroneZone requires users to create an account to apply for part 107 operational waivers or request to fly in controlled airspace.

Not real sure what his site is all about, but will be checking back

FAADroneZone - Coming Soon!

The FAA will be launching the FAA DroneZone on January 6, 2018. The forms on this website will not be available once the FAA's DroneZone Portal launches. The FAA DroneZone requires users to create an account to apply for part 107 operational waivers or request to fly in controlled airspace.

This is what it's all about
No Drone Zone

Last edited:
On the DroneZone site, does anyone know how to add existing registrations to their system? I've already got 2 drones registered with the FAA as commercial drones; I want to get them into the DroneZone system so I can apply for waivers there. Any advice appreciated.

Reactions: Rachel Kaub
On the DroneZone site, does anyone know how to add existing registrations to their system? I've already got 2 drones registered with the FAA as commercial drones; I want to get them into the DroneZone system so I can apply for waivers there. Any advice appreciated.

I saw another post saying I should use my existing FAA account login. Turns out that worked. Logged in and now see my existing drones.

I saw another post saying I should use my existing FAA account login. Turns out that worked. Logged in and now see my existing drones.
Yeah, that worked for me too. Both my 336 and 107 registrations show up on their respective dashboards.

I like that there is a section on the Part 107 dashboard that shows "Waivers and Authorizations". I don't have any yet, but it's cool that they will show up here.And that the links to apply for them are right on the page.

Yes indeed LAANC will make it all work, so it is on app developers to be compliant. I certainly hope more app providers get on board. It would make life much easier. Now to solve the insurance monkey and you would be set

I applied for a waiver through the the FAA Drone Zone portal and it was painless. It then does show up on your 107 dashboard.

I've read reports that Skyward's integration with LAANC is a little bit better than AirMap's setup. I personally haven't tried it because nothing around here is part of the beta.

Reactions: Wetstone
Good to know, I hope they continue to expand the drone zone.
It looks very promising, and I imagine to some degree a matter of self preservation. Can you imagine how many of these things they must be getting a day.

I applaud what they started
Now a little enforcement might be in order

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM