Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!
Reaction score
Here’s my setup:
Inspire 1v2 with Zenmuse Z3 camera
FLIR Vue Pro 640 9mm 30hz
2.4ghz Tx and Rx
7” battery LCD monitor

I’ve been testing this with our local SAR dog team, but we haven’t had an incident yet to use it on.

I also have Red/White and Green/White LED strobes and LED spotlights that clamp onto the arms. They are controlled using a garage door keychain opener.

The FLIR is hard mounted (no gimbal) to the underside of the Inspire behind the sonic sensors using GoPro mounts and 10lb Velcro.

Here’s a video with side by side comparison:
[

Can you show us more about your LED spotlights and the "opener" system you're using to toggle them on and off?

And some pictures of how you have it mounted please, if possible :)

I have the same Flir but R and 13mm. I'm looking at options to mount it all together with an RGB camera, I've thought of a small 1080p FPV type mounted on the side of the Flir and all in a single gimbal. I also have doubts with the lens to put on the RGB camera to match the image size of the Flir as you have achieved.

You just posted the video when I was writing the post and I love how you set up the lighting system. Congratulations :)

Watching the video, I understand that the Flir you mount behind the camera mounted on the gymbal?

Reactions: RemoteAerialLLC
6D95FB22-00F1-4BAA-BA1A-E8452A414F0B.jpeg 86F32E11-F768-472C-A158-EF3EBFB99B6A.jpeg 5E402FFC-F370-4F1B-9B90-E909591E2858.jpeg 5E402FFC-F370-4F1B-9B90-E909591E2858.jpeg 1ECB1171-FBB4-4E0C-8E3E-3CCDBE2F0E93.jpeg 614B3693-AF0D-49EC-8211-5F18A6AC9D53.jpeg
And some pictures of how you have it mounted please, if possible :)

I have the same Flir but R and 13mm. I'm looking at options to mount it all together with an RGB camera, I've thought of a small 1080p FPV type mounted on the side of the Flir and all in a single gimbal. I also have doubts with the lens to put on the RGB camera to match the image size of the Flir as you have achieved.
Don’t let the side by side trick you... it is merely an after edit . I do have a live view sent separately to the video monitor, so I can run tablet for optical and monitor for thermal. The TX is about $70, and receivers (as many as you want at one time) are only $20

Tx - SkyZone TX-5D Dual Input HDMI/Analog 600mW 5.8GHz Video Transmitter and Video switch
Rx - (requires additional video adapter for monitor) Wolfwhoop WR832 5.8GHz 40CH Wireless FPV Receiver for Racing Drone and Multicopter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H36AIGY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_k5jEh8e3D9NN8

Reactions: ArrUnTuS
You see both images at once, RGB on the tablet and thermal on the monitor. It's a good system :)

I plan to use the video switch that I already have installed and send the signal with a single video TX to the transmitter screen. I'm also studying the possibility of using a video mixer, in the drone itself, something I've read but I still don't know how it works, its size, weight and price. If the video mixer works like the video switch that with a station pad I can change the signal I want to see would be a good option too. To be able to choose between RGB image, thermal image or both images overlapped.

In my case, it would be a drone that I mounted in pieces. The adaptation you've made with the lights and Flir is very good.

Thanks for the pictures :D

Reactions: RemoteAerialLLC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM