Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Flir Vue Pro R

I'm sorry if I came off a bit rude and unaccepting. just thought maybe there was a simpler way of doing it .with today's technology there should be programs to handle calculations

Let me start back at the beginning with a question. I want to get into radiometry with a drone or thermal scanning with a drone what equipment and training do you suggest

Hi NEPA, welcome.

If you want to learn about Radiometeric reading from a thermal camera, it is highly recommended to take the ITC sUAS Thermography course.

If you want to learn about thermal (qualitative) scanning, you can check YouTube sites or attend Drone University USA's Thermography course in CA.
As a side note, you can learn it for yourself with an inexpensive thermal camera and gain some insight from certified fellas like me. There are other thermographers on this forum to help.

Reactions: Jim H
Do any of you guys have this thermal camera?
Want to attach it to the intelligent uas system. Anybody
Want to attach it to the intelligent uas system. Anybody have or use that?

Good morning gentlemen.
Good morning gentlemen. I would suggest visiting the website Infrared Training Center E-LearnIR Portal. I got a lot of basic info from that. I do think though that to boost our credibility we need certification. An example is level one FLIR UAS certification. This will teach you about how to do IR correctly with your drone as well as what color palates to use and reports. Its pricey, but if you have to go to deposition you can really be an asset to your client. I have an I2 but decided to get a Matrice 200 and the new XT2 camera. The price is a kicker $19,000, but it will be able to handle roof inspections, AC inspections, solar panels etc. If you plan on doing power line inspection you will need the Matrice 210 RTK. Bottom line, get certified.

... I have an I2 but decided to get a Matrice 200 and the new XT2 camera. The price is a kicker $19,000, but it will be able to handle roof inspections, AC inspections, solar panels etc. If you plan on doing power line inspection you will need the Matrice 210 RTK. Bottom line, get certified.

What is $19K, the Matrice with XT2, or just the XT2?

I to have an sUAS.Com system for my I2. I to am in the process of moving to the XT and either an M100 or I1 V2. Fell free to IM me. I can give you plenty of input on them and their solution.. Also will give you a great deal on my current setup. sUAS.com gimbra with Vue Pros 336x 256 13mm 30 htz. John

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM