Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Forensic Photography & Drones

GeorgeReis

Reaction score
Website
www.imagingforensics.com
I am a forensic photographer and photographic/video analyst and sometimes use a drone for aerial views of scenes that I am photographing for civil legal matters. I'm in Orange County, CA - but work cases throughout the US - although I have not done any drone photography outside of Southern California to date. Most of my work is in the analysis of photographs and video that already exists, but when needing to show relationships of buildings, whether a fence is falling down, or the path of a vehicle - the aerial view works really well.

I'm excited about this forum - as my drone (a Phantom 2 with a GoPro camera with an after market lens) spends too much time in the cabinet, and this forum will encourage me to get it out more often!

George

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Welcome to our newest forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

Also be sure and visit this thread CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro... :)

I haven't, but mapping software likely could have a significant role in forensic aerial photography. I don't know anyone currently taking advantage of it. If you have any suggestions on applications, tutorials, etc. please let me know.

Take a look at Bentley System's Content Capture. I spoke to them a few years back and they have some interesting "mesh" engine that could help in forensic work.

[/ATTACH]
I am a forensic photographer and photographic/video analyst and sometimes use a drone for aerial views of scenes that I am photographing for civil legal matters. I'm in Orange County, CA - but work cases throughout the US - although I have not done any drone photography outside of Southern California to date. Most of my work is in the analysis of photographs and video that already exists, but when needing to show relationships of buildings, whether a fence is falling down, or the path of a vehicle - the aerial view works really well.

I'm excited about this forum - as my drone (a Phantom 2 with a GoPro camera with an after market lens) spends too much time in the cabinet, and this forum will encourage me to get it out more often!

George
This past summer I came across this excavation site, I was about 400 feet and about ¼ mile from the water. How large would you say this alligator is?
Alligator 1.png

We have lots of flooded gravel pits here and I look at it it almost looks like a big tire half covered in silt or whatever .
Screen Shot 2018-02-01 at 7.28.06 PM.png Whatever I wouldn't go wading in there .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM