Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

FPV camera on Inspire 1 Pro

gpro13

Reaction score
Website
www.durhamdrones.co.uk
Thought some of you might be interested in fitting a 2nd camera (FPV) to the above drone and problems encountered.

The problem I had was that when flying with a camera person (slave controller) it was not always clear from the LOS aircraft in which direction it was flying or pointing, especially bright sunny days on longer distances. I fitted anti collision lights front(red) and rear(green) however even these got blown out by the sun.

I decided to fit a second fixed camera to the nose cone. I did not want to add too much extra weight or unbalance the aircraft as I was using X5 with Olympus 14-45 zoom lens.

Initially I bought a cheap camera and transmitter for testing plus a FlySight monitor. Mounted the camera on the nose cone, battery under the I1 battery tray with 3M velcro and strap and the transmitter on the side of the I1 battery tray with aerial facing down.

This worked but the 2.8 lens proved difficult to judge distances and there was interference on the FlySight monitor.

Firstly, I tried different voltage settings from 5 volts through to 12 volts. This did make a difference, 12 volts being the best setting. New batteries ordered.

Next I changed the camera to a Foxeer 1200 tvl 1.8 and moved the transmission channels to band E plus a different receive aerial on one channel with diversity. That made all the difference.

I invested in Epson Moverio glasses (googles) when I first got the I1 Pro and I will not change from those because now I can see what the camera operator is doing with all flight telemetry and look through the glasses to the FlySight monitor and see where I am going plus still have LOS.

It took an hour or two of flying to get used to this setup but now it works perfectly and safely.

More importantly customers are well impressed which means ££ or US $$

Ttfn

Thought some of you might be interested in fitting a 2nd camera (FPV) to the above drone and problems encountered.

The problem I had was that when flying with a camera person (slave controller) it was not always clear from the LOS aircraft in which direction it was flying or pointing, especially bright sunny days on longer distances. I fitted anti collision lights front(red) and rear(green) however even these got blown out by the sun.

I decided to fit a second fixed camera to the nose cone. I did not want to add too much extra weight or unbalance the aircraft as I was using X5 with Olympus 14-45 zoom lens.

Initially I bought a cheap camera and transmitter for testing plus a FlySight monitor. Mounted the camera on the nose cone, battery under the I1 battery tray with 3M velcro and strap and the transmitter on the side of the I1 battery tray with aerial facing down.

This worked but the 2.8 lens proved difficult to judge distances and there was interference on the FlySight monitor.

Firstly, I tried different voltage settings from 5 volts through to 12 volts. This did make a difference, 12 volts being the best setting. New batteries ordered.

Next I changed the camera to a Foxeer 1200 tvl 1.8 and moved the transmission channels to band E plus a different receive aerial on one channel with diversity. That made all the difference.

I invested in Epson Moverio glasses (googles) when I first got the I1 Pro and I will not change from those because now I can see what the camera operator is doing with all flight telemetry and look through the glasses to the FlySight monitor and see where I am going plus still have LOS.

It took an hour or two of flying to get used to this setup but now it works perfectly and safely.

Ttfn
Glad to hear you got your camera set up worked out. This was very popular for a long time and some of the installation kits added the camera mostly inside the nose cone which also gave it a nice appearance. Also, we really like the Epson Moverio glasses. We have them in our retail store and lots of people as about them. Good luck with it all!

Ttfn

What kind of range were you getting on the cam?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker