Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Has anyone on here gotten any work from the site Droners.io

I have done work via their network, it's just like any other broker site, hit and miss, nothing consistent.

Yes, I've done a few with them. I agree the bidding part is goofy.

It got to the point that I had to google names of the requester to make sure they were "real" people. There are some folks who try to bait you and get you to do illegal jobs. Why??? I have no idea. Could be other pilots trying to get you to do a job that they won't dare touch..lol

There are also some who just never answer back to questions you have about a mission. Why?? I have no idea.

In your "bio" you should mention your website or company name or just make your profile name your company name. People WILL google you if they don't want to deal with the bidding.

I have had people contact me "offline" directly by phone or email to request for jobs.

You can't specifically put your phone number or direct links to yourself as per their policy, but you can post some videos or photos on Youtube and put a link for those in your "portfolio" of Droners.

Just put watermarks of your company and phone on your photos or videos...I'm jus sayin...?

It's like the rest of the other brokers though. Good to put your name or company out there and get some field experience in your area. I was always paid on time.

Has anyone on here gotten any work from the site Droners.io​

I've gotten 2 of my biggest clients from Droners.io but I've also seen some absolute douchebags on there as well. You thought S Rose was bad there's a guy wanting you to go in the electrical box to snap a couple pics for an inspection job paying 70 bucks lmao. Ummmm negative ghostrider the pattern is full lol. I bid the jobs but for what I think they're worth. The one with the electrical box I bid it for $500 needless to say he went wirh someone else lol. So like everywhere else theres a mix of good and bad. One of the best I've worked for is named Johnnie Rhodes if you ever see a job for him bid it he's a legit good dude. You won't regret it. Hope this helps....

Jody

LOL...I had a real estate guy "invite" me to bid on his job because he was impressed with my website, compared to what he was getting in bidders...it was a rural acreage property...no problem...but he wanted:

Walk the property and identify issues.
Report on drainage.
Report and photos of fencing.
Go to Home Depot and get stuff to make a sign.
Create a "For Sale" sign with his info.
Mount it to the fence by entry.
Take images of the entry with the sign.
Write up an evaluation and impression of the property.
50-75 Aerials
50-75 Terrestrials
3-minute video with feature call-outs, titles, and music.

I told him his budget of $250 would not even cover my travel and insurance expenses, and if he wanted me to do all that (which is HIS job) I bid $7500.

Never heard back.

Yes, I've done a few with them. I agree the bidding part is goofy.

It got to the point that I had to google names of the requester to make sure they were "real" people. There are some folks who try to bait you and get you to do illegal jobs. Why??? I have no idea. Could be other pilots trying to get you to do a job that they won't dare touch..lol

There are also some who just never answer back to questions you have about a mission. Why?? I have no idea.

In your "bio" you should mention your website or company name or just make your profile name your company name. People WILL google you if they don't want to deal with the bidding.

I have had people contact me "offline" directly by phone or email to request for jobs.

You can't specifically put your phone number or direct links to yourself as per their policy, but you can post some videos or photos on Youtube and put a link for those in your "portfolio" of Droners.

Just put watermarks of your company and phone on your photos or videos...I'm jus sayin...?

It's like the rest of the other brokers though. Good to put your name or company out there and get some field experience in your area. I was always paid on time.
Hey im new here and im a headhunter who works in the anti drone industry
Can I post jobs somewhere on here?

Droners.io Blows, its a race to the bottom as Drone pilots bid their value down to nothing. I also love the 'scum' that post for jobs, and after they tell you the budget is 100 bucks, they then go on to tell you they have 100s of jobs in your area ... If you bid low. I always bid a $1000 bucks, then post a note that reminds the person posting the job that they get what they pay for. lol

Droners.io and similar “services” are a waste of time. The “budgets” are so low, I wouldn’t risk putting my drone up if the job was across the street from me. I assume PICs who don’t know what a job is costing them or the risks they are taking are the folks bidding on and doing such jobs, and the only reason such “services” are still around.​

LOL...I had a real estate guy "invite" me to bid on his job because he was impressed with my website, compared to what he was getting in bidders...it was a rural acreage property...no problem...but he wanted:

Report on drainage.
50-75 Aerials
50-75 Terrestrials

I told him his budget of $250 would not even cover my travel and insurance expenses, and if he wanted me to do all that (which is HIS job) I bid $7500.

Never heard back.
I remember seeing a job like that where the guy basically wanted a handyman with a 107 lol. He wanted all kinds of extra stuff and reports filled out but the part that got me was how he worded the sign. Like I know this sign is kinda asking you to go above and beyond but I'll take care of you with a nice tip. Which I'm betting best case scenario was a crisp new 20 but more than likely a 5 spot lol. I remember thinking I feel bad for the schmuck that ends up doing that job lol.

Reactions: ResistanceFlyer
Not even if it was across the street from me. However, if it’s close to you, submit a SWAG on the high side. Maybe you’ll get it.

Reactions: ResistanceFlyer
Hey im new here and im a headhunter who works in the anti drone industry
Can I post jobs somewhere on here?
Only Approved Vendors can post jobs/ads on the forum.

With all due respect, I don't think a Commercial Drone Forum is going to be the best fit for your business offerings.

Report on drainage.
50-75 Aerials
50-75 Terrestrials

Never heard back.
Should have told him you aren't a charity organization.

Reactions: Fred Garvin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV