Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from Michigan

karaemurphy

Reaction score
Website
karaemurphy.co
Hey there,

Recent transplant from the Bay Area. I first picked up a drone in 2014 and have been flying regularly since November, 2015. I got my Part 107 certification in January of 2017 and have been taking on remote pilot gigs ever since. I've written for Drone360 Magazine, iQ by Intel, and currently contribute to DroneLife. On the marketing/community side, I've worked or am currently working with DJI, Intel, DroneDeploy, and Flying Robot international Film Festival.

Not sure if self-promo is allowed but my main website is work

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Reactions: karaemurphy
Hey there,

Recent transplant from the Bay Area. I first picked up a drone in 2014 and have been flying regularly since November, 2015. I got my Part 107 certification in January of 2017 and have been taking on remote pilot gigs ever since. I've written for Drone360 Magazine, iQ by Intel, and currently contribute to DroneLife. On the marketing/community side, I've worked or am currently working with DJI, Intel, DroneDeploy, and Flying Robot international Film Festival.

Hi there Kara!
Wow! Sounds like you have had no problem finding drone work! It has been pretty slow going for me so far. Different market obviously, but it would be interesting to hear what marketing you have done.

Kelly

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen
Done. Thank you for the suggestion.

Reactions: BigAl07
Hi there Kara!
Wow! Sounds like you have had no problem finding drone work! It has been pretty slow going for me so far. Different market obviously, but it would be interesting to hear what marketing you have done.

Kelly
Hi Kelly, I actually wrote an article about this for Drone360 but they're no longer around. That being said, I have the copy and need to update my own website. This is long overdue, by the way. I would tell you, right now, to update your website and LinkedIn, display your skills/accomplishments, join forums like this one (though don't be overly self-promotional), get a few social profiles going (Instagram is still my top source for clients, projects, interviews), network locally and join Meetups or your Chamber of Commerce. Just a few ideas.

Thank you for the reply Kara!
And thank you for the recommendations, too! I am fairly active on FB, and somewhat active on Instagram, but could do more there.
Would love to read your article when you update it, and get it on your website!

Kelly

Your background is impressive, Kara. I'm a total newbie and am only just now entertaining the idea of a commercial enterprise with a quadcopter. I have some ideas and am trying to absorb all the info I can while recouping from a small operation I had a couple of weeks ago. I've spent a bit of time in Grand Rapids last spring/summer and loved it and the people there ... good people. Hope to contribute thoughts and ideas that are worthwhile to other members here in exchange for theirs. Welcome!

Reactions: karaemurphy
Hey there,

Welcome to our newest forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

Also be sure and visit this thread CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro... :)

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Welcome to our newest forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

Also be sure and visit this thread CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro... :)
Thank you! I would love to own an Obsidian.

Reactions: dirkclod
Your background is impressive, Kara. I'm a total newbie and am only just now entertaining the idea of a commercial enterprise with a quadcopter. I have some ideas and am trying to absorb all the info I can while recouping from a small operation I had a couple of weeks ago. I've spent a bit of time in Grand Rapids last spring/summer and loved it and the people there ... good people. Hope to contribute thoughts and ideas that are worthwhile to other members here in exchange for theirs. Welcome!
Thank you so much. Yes, people here are really nice. My daughter has already made a ton of friends on her block and at school.

Thank you for the reply Kara!
And thank you for the recommendations, too! I am fairly active on FB, and somewhat active on Instagram, but could do more there.
Would love to read your article when you update it, and get it on your website!

Kelly
Thanks, Kelly! I really need to get that update done, especially since things will pick up more as the snow melts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM