Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from Palm Bay, FL

DKTek

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's awesome that commercial operators now have a different forum of our own. Thanks to the creators.

I'm Dan Kelley. I've been a hobbyist since 1985 when I bought my first RC Heli from Walt Schoonard in Orlando, Fl at Miniature Aircraft. While learning to hover, without any gyro's, I attached a repaired security camera to my Schluter Champion and did my first FPV flight...err hover! Once I started forward flight, I stopped using the camera due to a serious lack of range back in those days. 300 ft was about it. Anyway, I progressed with rotory and fixed wing until around 2003 when I, like several others, started mixing tail rotors and gyro's to make a quad. They flew but they were terrible compared to my first production model, an MikroKopter Octo in 2006. It was amazing on stability and since I had been modifying a couple of Vario XLV's for camera work, I knew that multirotors were going to be the superior camera platform. I still have several XLV's that I haven't touched since. Although, I do miss flying the big guys. Aside from commercial ops, I still love to fly FPV freestyle quads.

Currently, I'm doing stuff for the power company like line inspections and hurricane assessment along with cell tower inspections. After working as a Wescam Operator/Tech in the film and video industry until 2005, I have had enough of the movie industry and now I only want to concentrate on the industrial side of things. I look forward to this forum.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to our newest forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

Also be sure and visit this thread CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro... :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.
Allen

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Thanks guys, nice to meet the moderators. I'm sure this will be a fun adventure.

Reactions: LuvMyTJ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker