Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from Texas

skyeboysteve

Reaction score
DFW, TX, USA, Earth, Sol, OA, MWG, GLG, VS, L, GA
Website
www.skybornevisions.com
My experience with drones started off with a pre-order of the Phantom 3 Professional, and currently use a Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 as a backup for work.

My business is very limited--shooting promotional videos of commercial and public buildings for just one client--the construction company I work for. I got the job kind accidentally when one of the owners of the company took notice of me flying around the parking lot during my lunch break. I gave him a demo inside the office after my coworkers had left. He immediately suggested I film a beautiful hospital building that we had recently completed. After I threw a video together with some music, I was pleasantly surprised that the owners seemed to love it, and set up a plan for me to film other buildings and produce 3 minute videos to promote the company... in the end paying me a lot of extra cash as a sub-contractor--probably more than I'm worth at my skill level as a photographer and editor--but of course I'm not complaining...

Eventually, I'd like to get a drone that can carry LIDAR to take field measurements; but so far I'm not aware of any with the accuracy needed.

I'm also hoping one day to get a few or more clips bought from a stock-video site.

I'm interested in getting into survey and mapping type work--as I've enjoyed playing around with apps like MapsMadeEasy. However, as many others have noted; this industry is super-saturated. I'm sure there will be more niche's that come up in time, but then I also wonder if technology, very soon, will completely remove the need for a dedicated drone pilot or operator. I suppose, ultimately it's creativity in the use of technology, where any success is ultimately built upon.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Reactions: skyeboysteve
Hello and welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

Allen

Reactions: skyeboysteve

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM