Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Hello from - the New California - JK

b-c

Reaction score
Website
www.sclr.org
Still funny to some of use here in Central Ca.

we've always been the other California...

Got the 107 early last year to be a backup pilot in our Civil/Survey Firm - Our Primary Pilot is extremely knowledgeable and and monitors the changes in the industry.

wow that test can be a bear to study for if you have no previous flight experience. the maps make sense but the logic can be easily confused - Weather Codes specifically I'm still fuzzy on and will have to study more -..
prefer the decoded ones avia and other apps provide - much better - shows both versions but still

Our primary use currently is Survey and Mapping (some aerial video and imagery) and every month brings a new challenge - posted over in AG earlier with some issues we ran into with very similar ground and attempting to map it... not enough image differentiation causing issues with ortho / point cloud generation.

Own my own P4 Standard and use it for practice primarily, but do a few flights here and there, but not actively doing my own thing that much.

Always glad to learn more myself and get out and take some images or see what upgrades can be done to improve flight time and visible differences...

also highly interested in development of reasonable flight rules specifically within the 5 mile range of towered airports and not waiting 90+ days while unlicensed pilots are doing it constantly (and getting paid) without having any issue...

Due to having the 107 - makes us more vulnerable by playing by the rules if we break them IMO.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to our newest forum .
Take a little time and look around all our subforums to find what suits you and besure to read our Guidelines and ask if you have any questions in a message to any of the staff .
Enjoy all the knowledge members have to offer .
0rojyyg-png.60

Also be sure and visit this thread CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro... :)

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM