Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

How and if at all is the virus affecting your business?

Our core business is an essential business in California (Environmental clean up, haz-mat response, remediation). I am flying a construction project for a government agency in LAX Class B surface (zero grid) this week. Site is a potential Brownfields and needs to be investigated prior to starting work. Took about 12 hours for airspace approval to come through.

I was down last week, back at it tomorrow at UC Merced. Since my job keeps me isolated from most of the construction people I only need to talk a few people. The Merced, CA area only has one case reported at this time, I live in Mariposa county and we haven't had any cases so far.

Reactions: adm_geomatics
Maybe blow over??? China has 46 new cases......
BEIJING, March 22 (Reuters) - China on Sunday reported 46 new cases of coronavirus, the fourth straight day of an increase, with all but one of those cases imported from overseas, according to the country’s National Health Commission.

The new cases recorded on Saturday compared with 41 reported the previous day.

As a follow on, I want to state that the situation is serious and it is not being taken that way by both government and the public. But we WILL survive this and it will return to business as usual in the not too distant future. Everyone just has to keep a level head and use some common sense to avoid potential problem areas and behaviours and stay at home if directed. I wish I could, but the dicks that are treating this frivolously require me to do otherwise. I'm supposed to receive a card or letter allowing me to travel between counties and to work now that our county finally grew a set and shut to place down. Now if the governor would be blessed with a pair he might be able to make a similar decision.

I teach at three universities so that is over for a while, I also fly/film for movies and TV shows, I was working on a show, and it stopped last week. So that is the bad, and its 60% of my income. However I have a construction project that I document monthly and that goes on, and I have been getting some local work from the local news. Stay Safe, Be Smart and wash your hands :)

Why aren't they doing online classes?

As for me, I'm on my third week of working from home. I can stare at a computer screen as well from home as I can in the office.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rainy