Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

How do we followup

R.Perry

Reaction score
I recieved a call from a young man, His first question was, "How do I fix blurred images?" I gave him my expert opinion, "I don't know."
He had driven two and half hours one way to do a shoot, about 300 photos. Drives home and prepares to upload them, you got it, everyone of them out of focus.
I asked him if he had taken his laptop with him, "No, didn't think I would need it."
Now he gets to drive another five hours, re shoot and hopefully check his photos before he leaves the job site.
I don't know what others do, but before I leave my job site I upload all my photos to my laptop. I'll go to the local restaurant or Starbucks and review my photos before heading home.
Now I will admit when I do mapping I don't look at each and every 1250 plus photos, but I do look at enough to know if I have decent quality photos. I also watch my video clips.

I'm posting this in hopes that just maybe someone that is new, or hasn't ended up with some bad photos will realize the importance of checking your work before getting too far away from your job site.

I recieved a call from a young man, His first question was, "How do I fix blurred images?" I gave him my expert opinion, "I don't know."
He had driven two and half hours one way to do a shoot, about 300 photos. Drives home and prepares to upload them, you got it, everyone of them out of focus.
I asked him if he had taken his laptop with him, "No, didn't think I would need it."
Now he gets to drive another five hours, re shoot and hopefully check his photos before he leaves the job site.
I don't know what others do, but before I leave my job site I upload all my photos to my laptop. I'll go to the local restaurant or Starbucks and review my photos before heading home.
Now I will admit when I do mapping I don't look at each and every 1250 plus photos, but I do look at enough to know if I have decent quality photos. I also watch my video clips.

I'm posting this in hopes that just maybe someone that is new, or hasn't ended up with some bad photos will realize the importance of checking your work before getting too far away from your job site.
"I don't know what others do, but before I leave my job site I upload all my photos to my laptop. I'll go to the local restaurant or Starbucks and review my photos before heading home. "
Exactly my post flight steps. Except if I'm hungry is IHOP. :D

Reactions: Holland66
We check our DATA before leaving the site. Some shoots can't be replicated the next day etc. If the DATA is important then you verify before you leave the area. Most of us only make that mistake 1x :)

Reactions: g36pilot and PatR
We had similar situations where job was 3+ hrs away. Always take your laptop and check when you are done with the job. Another thing I did was a couple test video/photo(s) first to see if I was getting correct focus/exposure/framerate, etc...

And ALWAYS backup your SD card to the computer before leaving.

The one time I didn't check my photos I had to repeat... good thing it was only 1hr away.

"I don't know what others do, but before I leave my job site I upload all my photos to my laptop. I'll go to the local restaurant or Starbucks and review my photos before heading home. "
Exactly my post flight steps. Except if I'm hungry is IHOP. :D
Seems pretty much like common sense!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143