Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Is there a "quick fix" in Premiere Pro?

aerialimagery

Reaction score
Is there a way to make a quick (automatic) color and exposure correction in Premiere Pro?

Do a basic color correction to your liking, then save a preset and apply as a starting point for your camera. Unfortunately, different scenes require different color correction if you want them to look their best depending on lighting, settings etc. If you're using a D-Log or Cinema profile to shoot, then a lot more correction will be involved. Again, you can start with a base correction for your Log footage and color correct from there.Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 8.52.16 AM.png

The first thing is to get the parameters right when shooting (obviously?). That will avoid the need for much correction in post. If not, the workflow is Exposure–White Balance–Saturation–Match Clips–LUTs (if you know what you're doing with them).

You may also want to check out DaVinci Resolve, which I'm learning now. It's excellent software, it has great tools for color correction, and it's free. I like it much better than PP...and did I mention that it's free?

Reactions: Ajkm
You may also want to check out DaVinci Resolve, which I'm learning now. It's excellent software, it has great tools for color correction, and it's free. I like it much better than PP...and did I mention that it's free?
I use DVR. The principle doesn't change - the original source video/photography has to have used the right parameters and if it doesn't, it's very hard to correct, especially if it's an exposure issue. The photographer/videographer's job is to get exposure right at the time of shooting. There is no magic exposure or colour correction in any editing software I know, it's something that needs to be done by hand in post (with the only alternative being leaving things as they are).

I absolutely agree. But he was asking about software, which is why I suggested an alternative to PP...

Is there a way to make a quick (automatic) color and exposure correction in Premiere Pro?
Yes, assuming your White Balance is off. If there is an area in your image that you know to be white. Click on your clip, select Lumetri, open Basic Correction, select the eyedropper, then click in your image that you know the area is to be white. That should correct your white balance. Exposure you can tweak in the same area. You can copy and paste Lumetri to other clips if needed.

Reactions: VIAerial

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM