it sounds like they aren't inclined to allow any altitude. One of the ones we were working on they came back with an option for a lower height and we accepted. I would guess (and only a guess) since the didn't offer that it's not an option for that location.".....The facility is not approving authorizations in the area you requested due to a conflict with arrivals/departures. The safety case was not feasible and therefore the facility cannot approve your request at this time. ......"
You've gotten some great responses here on why you are getting denied. Looking at the proximity to the runway and the approach/departure paths, I don't think it is really feasible to expect clearance for any altitude there. Certainly 200 feet is way too much of an ask.Hello all!
I have a Golf Course that is very interested in my services, but they are located within a Class C airspace, near LBB International. I have submitted 4 LANNC authorizations for a 200' ceiling for mapping and turf analysis, but have gotten them denied due to the FAA not reviewing them. I have submitted 2 with a 2 week lead time and am on my second pending for 30+ days submission prior to the flight.
The first three were submitted through Airmap and my current and still pending is through Skyward.IO. The app also states to not call ATC, as it may cause delays.
What can I do to see where I am in the process? Myself and the customer are frustrated. The green area in the attached picture is the approximate location of the Golf Course.
Any input is appreciated!
Well said !You've gotten some great responses here on why you are getting denied. Looking at the proximity to the runway and the approach/departure paths, I don't think it is really feasible to expect clearance for any altitude there. Certainly 200 feet is way too much of an ask.
On a different note, what I would recommend for your future business is to always look at the area prior to submitting a quote to the potential client. If the flight is to take place in any sort of controlled airspace, I make that very clear to the client and note that the project is contingent on approval by the FAA. I tell them what the maximum anticipated clearance altitude will be and how it may impact the project.
This way the potential client knows in advance that there may be an issue and it also shows them that you are very professional and know what you are doing. If you don't say anything in advance and then cannot get approval, the client starts to scratch their head and say "shouldn't a professional pilot have known this already?" It could be the difference between getting referrals and not getting them.