Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Litchi issues

CaryG

Reaction score
Hi all--
I just downloaded Litchi for my M2P. Seems to work fine EXCEPT that I have no image from my camera. Switched to DJI Go just to be sure it's not a camera issue, but it's working fine there. Litchi seems to have no contact info for support, and this issue isn't covered in their online guide or FAQ. Anyone know what to do about this?

Make sure you do not have DJI GO, or any other control app running in the background. And if on Android, make sure you don't specify DJI GO to be the default app for the device (drone). Generally, unplugging and re-plugging the USB cable will clear it up after you have killed (closed completely), any other flight apps.

Their support is: [email protected] At least it used to be.

Thanks -- tried all that. No luck. I did finally find the email support address...waiting to hear.

With Litchi there are two windows, your mission window and your flight window. Look on the lower right corner, you should see another window there, if not there will be a little ikon on the right hand corner. Tap that and you should get the flight window.

Thanks. The problem was that the camera view (vs. map view) was just a black screen. Anyway, it seems to be OK now. Not sure if my Litchi reg just took some time to get processed by the DJI servers, or what -- I gather there's some connection there, but I don't really understand what it is. Just glad it's working. Thx, too, for your post describing using Litchi for setting up Waypoints missions. Haven't tried it yet, but from reading the documentation it seems to be a big improvement over DJI Go for that.

The problem was that the camera view (vs. map view) was just a black screen. Anyway, it seems to be OK now.
Glad it's sorted out. It was likely just the USB handshake issue that is resolved by disconnecting/reconnecting. It seems to be hap-hazard. Sometimes it doesn't need it, sometimes it takes 3 times.

Thanks. The problem was that the camera view (vs. map view) was just a black screen. Anyway, it seems to be OK now. Not sure if my Litchi reg just took some time to get processed by the DJI servers, or what -- I gather there's some connection there, but I don't really understand what it is. Just glad it's working. Thx, too, for your post describing using Litchi for setting up Waypoints missions. Haven't tried it yet, but from reading the documentation it seems to be a big improvement over DJI Go for that.
So you don't understand how it works, it is FM. better known as F........ Magic.

Litchi is way better for waypoint missions. A lot more control, and you can set up missions on your desktop before you go out in the field. There's a browser plugin called Chrome Litchi Virtual Mission that lets Litchi output a KLM file. You can then run a virtual mission in Google Earth to check that your waypoints and POIs are set up the way you want them.

Here's one way I use Litchi Waypoints:
I started recording the progress for the contractor in 2018 and its still not finished.

Very cool, Len. I do have a couple of questions for you guys--

1. For AheadAir -- is Chrome Virtual Mission different than Litchi Mission Hub? If so, how?
2. For Len -- How do you do those morphs as the building changes between your takes? Is it just a cross-dissolve or is something else going on? Looks great.

Thanks.

Ah, very cool. Thanks. I don't use Premiere Pro, so didn't know about it...Have been getting along with Filmora and am planning to learn Final Cut soon, so maybe FC has its own version of this...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM