Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Matrice 300 with XT2-R640 Camera

R.Perry

Reaction score
I live where basically four counties all connect. Does anyone on the forum know anything about the Matrice 300 or 600 with the above camera.

They claim a 55 minute flight time, and the camera sounds incredible being both standard and thermal.

Purpose is for surveillance, SAR, and accident and fire observations.

Needless to say my pocket isn't deep enough for that toy.

I live where basically four counties all connect. Does anyone on the forum know anything about the Matrice 300 or 600 with the above camera.

They claim a 55 minute flight time, and the camera sounds incredible being both standard and thermal.

We are planning to get this for our organization probably early next year. We were about to pull the trigger on the 210 and then COVID hit and messed it up. But we are fortunate because this M300 RTK is so much better for what we want to do with our SAR sUAS program.
We will go with the H20 for the camera though. Much better than the XT2.

My understanding is 55 minutes with no payload. Once you add the payload run time goes down to 35~37 minutes.

Reactions: BigAl07
When it comes to a thermal payload on the M300 RTK we recommend the H20T over XT2. The newer H20T is similarly priced if not less expensive depending on the XT2 focal length. The H20T also has a 23x optical zoom camera and laser range finder.

DJI basically combined the XT2 and Z30 and added a laser ranger finder into one incredible payload.

When carrying the H20T the M300 RTK has a battery life of 36 minutes, or 45/46 minutes when integrated with either an XT2 or Z30.

The M300 RTK comes with a DJI BS60 battery station. The station allows you to charge two TB60 flight batteries and one WB37 remote controller battery at the same time. On a 110V power supply one pair of batteries charges in about 70 minutes, or from 20 to 90% in about 40 minutes.

Hope this helps and let us know if you have any questions (specs, pricing, etc.)

The Matrice 300 RTK with the H20T is indeed a great set up. About 35-40 min. flight time with the H20T attached. We are offering 0% interest financing for 24 months on purchases over $10,000.00 if you anyone here is interested in getting into this particular set up.

Reactions: BigAl07
My understanding is 55 minutes with no payload. Once you add the payload run time goes down to 35~37 minutes.
We operate the M300 RTK with H20T. Flights times vary on temperature and whether you're operating one, two or more gimbals, plus whether you're hovering more or moving through the air. Hovering (surveillance ops) will chew through the battery more, but we still comfortably get around 40+ mins with the H20T for inspections.

The main issue with the M300 RTK at the moment, is lack of compatible software. We're hoping that the introduction of the L1 and P1 sensors may encourage software partners to rectify this oversight, and DJI's own Terra will become compatible as well.

Reactions: HammerMissions
The main issue with the M300 RTK at the moment, is lack of compatible software.
Unfortunately, I think all of DJI's enterprise solutions have or are still suffering from this shortcoming. Choosing to go with a somewhat proprietary version of android leaves users reliant of DJI's software which is often mediocre. They advertise full SDK support for this system, but is there really?

It's not so much that there isn't software available for DJI, but that it's just not available for the M300 with its advanced H20 payload. And it's not just 3rd party software... I mean, DJI's Terra and GS Pro aren't available. No support from DroneDeploy (mind you, they still haven't managed to be compatible with X7 on M210 RTK v2), Pix4D, Propeller, and others.

I note that UGcS is compatible and RTK support is imminent. Not the easiest software maybe, but great to see.

I appreciate all the input, the group that I'm working with is about to purchase the 300 with the H20T. I think it is going to be a great asset for our Sheriff & fire departments. They just need to get a couple of their guys licensed now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM