Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual Test

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm conducting a study to find bird nests in grasslands and am trying to determine if the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual would work for this project. It's a very simple test, but if the IR resolution proves to be too low I don't want to spend the $600 restocking fee to return the UAV. Is there anyone that already has this drone who would be willing to test it out? All I'd need to see is the Mavic flying at 7-10 meter altitude over top of something small and warm such as a hand warmer or hot water bottle that is nestled on the ground and covered by tall grass. The camera should be pointing straight down. Any help on this would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks jasonlday! I'm still not 100% sure, but that definitely gives me a better idea. I think the big question now is how well it could see a hot object under in a field.

It's not just the sensor, but the time of day you are inspecting and the temperature difference between your subject matter (i.e. bird, egg, etc.) and the surrounding material (i.e. nest, air, etc.). If you are looking at just temperature difference, it can be effective. I you need discernible objects, sensor size and resolution matter more, finally, do you need radiometric spot temperature ability during the mission, or post processing?
There is more to IR sensor selection than just resolution.

We have Dual in stock and willing to perform your test...pm me and we will discuss.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM