Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Multispectral example

ArrUnTuS

Reaction score
Hi

I published an example in another thread but it was a failure because of a mistake on my part. This example is some plots of wheat that were badly affected by some brutal hailstorms that we had in the area 3 weeks ago.

You can clearly see the consequences of the upper part, the hail did more damage than the lower part where it was not so strong.

upload_2018-7-28_20-5-3.png

upload_2018-7-28_20-6-20.png

upload_2018-7-28_20-6-48.png

Wow. Would that red mean that those areas are a total loss?

The colours indicate the vigorous state of the plant. Red is the worst. Being a stem plant and being in the time that we are, has already begun to harvest, which indicates that state is that the plant is in very poor condition. The hail in these areas threw all the grain to the ground and in the rest left little in the ears. So yes, it is a very high production loss. I still have to process more flights from another area where at first glance it was even worse.

These flights are used by the farmer to provide proof of insurance payments. It is indicative but quantitative of the damage they have to their crops. The methods used by insurance consultants, given the difficulty of quantitatively determining the damage, are far behind the use of new technologies, in this case drones with multispectral cameras.

P.S.: The areas that are very green within the fields are areas of trees, are farms in a fairly mountainous area. These green areas are not wheat.

Reactions: dempseycreekkid
The colours indicate the vigorous state of the plant. Red is the worst. Being a stem plant and being in the time that we are, has already begun to harvest, which indicates that state is that the plant is in very poor condition. The hail in these areas threw all the grain to the ground and in the rest left little in the ears. So yes, it is a very high production loss. I still have to process more flights from another area where at first glance it was even worse.

These flights are used by the farmer to provide proof of insurance payments. It is indicative but quantitative of the damage they have to their crops. The methods used by insurance consultants, given the difficulty of quantitatively determining the damage, are far behind the use of new technologies, in this case drones with multispectral cameras.

P.S.: The areas that are very green within the fields are areas of trees, are farms in a fairly mountainous area. These green areas are not wheat.

Interesting! Thanks. I assumed it was something like that.

Thanks brotha.

Looking into a Sentera solution.

It is very curious the Sentera Quad Multispectral sensor. It is created to provide the indexes directly instead of the multispectral bands, if I have understood it correctly.

The Parrot Sequoia has an overheating problem that I have solved with active ventilation, now it is working properly.

You'll let us know how it goes ;)

Reactions: Outta Control

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harley1905