Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

My experience with my last week part 107 recurrent test

lalvar41

Reaction score
Website
www.westonaerialphoto.com
I am happy I got 98. I missed a tricky question on Class C airspace dimensions. I was confused with the extend of the class C and the outer radio of Class C. No weather and performance questions at all as it was said. Many questions on TFR, NOTAMS, prohibitions. Also, very well known questions on CRM, ADM and regulations.

I am happy I got 98. I missed a tricky question on Class C airspace dimensions. I was confused with the extend of the class C and the outer radio of Class C. No weather and performance questions at all as it was said. Many questions on TFR, NOTAMS, prohibitions. Also, very well known questions on CRM, ADM and regulations.
Congrats! Just passed my renewal yesterday. Similar questions to yours it sounds like. Had like 15 questions that involved reading aeronautical charts, test covered CRM, ADM, NOTAMs, had one on minimum distances from clouds.

Attachments

• 20180928_180327.jpg
    20180928_180327.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
I am happy I got 98. I missed a tricky question on Class C airspace dimensions. I was confused with the extend of the class C and the outer radio of Class C.

I'm surprised to hear of a question that referred to the "outer area" (that's the 10 mile donut outside of the Class C airspace). That has absolutely no relevance to UAS operations. Can you recall how the question was worded?

I'm surprised to hear of a question that referred to the "outer area" (that's the 10 mile donut outside of the Class C airspace). That has absolutely no relevance to UAS operations. Can you recall how the question was worded?

Not sure if it was the same question but I had one asking along the lines of; at what altitude was the bottom of the shelf of an outer ring of class C airspace? It required reading an aeronautical chart.

I believe I had two questions like that with different airports and airspace classes going on.

Oh yeah and multiple questions required one to know when to use AMSL (Above Mean Sea Level) heights, and when to use AGL heights when reading charts.

Thanks, I misunderstood. You weren't talking about the "outer area". I saw the word "radio" and went off in the wrong direction.

The portion you're describing in the question is the "shelf area". (The inner core is the "surface area".)

Reactions: R Martin
Something to the effect of what is the outer limit of Class C airspace.

Let me try to explain, I was not clear about the difference between the normal radius of an Outer Area from the primary Class C airspace ( 20 nM) and the outer circle of class C. I had as answers: 20NM, 10NM and 5 NM. I picked 20....wrong...it was 10NM.

Let me try to explain, I was not clear about the difference between the normal radius of an Outer Area from the primary Class C airspace ( 20 nM) and the outer circle of class C. I had as answers: 20NM, 10NM and 5 NM. I picked 20....wrong...it was 10NM.

That is correct. The surface area has a radius of 5NM and the shelf area has a radius of 10NM.

Interesting...runway markings were stressed in the Remote Pilot
101 tutorial.
That section was deleted from the recurrent testing I believe. Charts and regs are the main focus along with some of the decision making models they seem to love. No weather.

Although you do need to understand that the runway numbers indicate an approximate magnetic heading, there are no questions on the FAA exam regarding any other runway markings. To my knowledge, there never have been.

I'm ashamed to admit I missed three questions on my re-currency. One basic (should have been easy) question had to do with defining what a MOA was; and all three answers looked correct to me; so I picked the more general answer; but apparently I was wrong. Another asked what to do with registration if a drone is destroyed. I personally would de-register; but never remember reading anywhere about being required to do so; nor a time period to do so in--I still can't find info on that subject. Anyway; I assumed it was a trick question but it still tricked me. The third question I stupidly missed: apparently you can't register a drone that's been registered in another country... I guess like full scale aircraft you can't have duel citizenship.

I'm ashamed to admit I missed three questions on my re-currency. One basic (should have been easy) question had to do with defining what a MOA was; and all three answers looked correct to me; so I picked the more general answer; but apparently I was wrong. Another asked what to do with registration if a drone is destroyed. I personally would de-register; but never remember reading anywhere about being required to do so; nor a time period to do so in--I still can't find info on that subject. Anyway; I assumed it was a trick question but it still tricked me. The third question I stupidly missed: apparently you can't register a drone that's been registered in another country... I guess like full scale aircraft you can't have duel citizenship.

Unregister the aircraft is the correct answer. And if you are registered in another country, you do have to unregister the aircraft and then register it again in the UA in order to be legal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku