Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Need help with FLIR Quark 640 19mm core

Airbornezep1

Reaction score
I have a FLIR Quark 640 19mm that was on a Lockheed Indago along with an Hitachi EO cam. The problem is the Indago loved Gravity. Now I have a FLIR core that is just sitting on the shelf. I need help turning this into a FPV cam. I have a Matrice 100 with an xt and an 3 series camera by DJI. I would like to attach the FLIR as an FPV only, no gimble just hard mounted . Any help I can get.

Attachments

• 20170913_185915.jpg
    20170913_185915.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 20170913_185847.jpg
    20170913_185847.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
You would need a power module that attaches to the back (photo #2), but the problem you may face are powering that modules (usually 12V) and also the video connector to that module, I believe, is an SDI connector.

I talked to FLIR and they said that they do not support this model anymore. If anyone has any Avenues or directions to someone that may be able to rig this out ,any help would be appreciated. I have all the connectors and buses and the camera payload itself, but where the payload connects into the UAV is Lockheed proprietary. Thanks for your help out of control

Looks like you're missing a part from the back, although this could be where the propriety connection was. As you mentioned it is now unsupported, however a lot of older thermal security cameras used this core. If you can source some of those, they should have the module on the back to get usable video from it.

Thermal Imaging - Page 1 is a great forum for the more technical questions.

Looks like you're missing a part from the back, although this could be where the propriety connection was. As you mentioned it is now unsupported, however a lot of older thermal security cameras used this core. If you can source some of those, they should have the module on the back to get usable video from it.

Thermal Imaging - Page 1 is a great forum for the more technical questions.

I noted this on my post. He is missing the power module that takes 12V and also the BNC connector.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143