Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Night Operators

I applied for my Daylight Waiver in early 2017 and based it primarily on the DroneU video with Vic Moss. I received it on the first pass in April. That video is now outdated, and I have not looked to see if they have put out a new version yet.

Glad I did it back then, because the FAA clearly saw the high number of Daylight Waivers being approved and has really made the process much more rigorous to slow the volume down.

I am using the STROBON Cree lights from Flytron for night ops, but this looks like a nice option for daytime visibility too.

Hey Tim, I bought this product about 3 weeks ago and I can't say enough about how well these operate and they are fully 107.29 compliant. They have 4 Cree LEDs and are extremely bright. This particular model is the newest version and it has 3 modes of flashing. (Strobe, Flash, and Constant). I attach securely with industrial strength, low profile velcro to my drone and with them being so light, they will not separate from the drone in flight. I love this product, no wires and about 4 to 6 hours run-time before needing next charge. I hope this helps.

Drone UAS UAV Quadcopter LED Strobe Light

Thank you gentlemen perfect
Here is a question, I want to fly high powered LED spots.
Seems the more I research, beyond lumecubes, the ones that produce a lot of light are going to need their own battery
but I seem to recall lipos cannot be on board for any other purpose than propulsion. I guess I could go ion

Thank you gentlemen perfect
Here is a question, I want to fly high powered LED spots.
Seems the more I research, beyond lumecubes, the ones that produce a lot of light are going to need their own battery
but I seem to recall lipos cannot be on board for any other purpose than propulsion. I guess I could go ion
How about the Fiilex AL250?
Fiilex AL250

You can put any battery/s you want on your drone.

The FAA did recently update the Waiver Safety Explanation Guidelines that are specifically designed to assist part 107 remote pilots with the non-airspace waiver applications. They did this to reduce the rejection rate and to give the analysts the info they need to complete a risk assessment. You can find them on the FAADroneZone at Waiver Safety Explanation Guidelines for Part 107 Waiver Applications Keep in mind that you need to be logged into the FAADroneZone to get access. It breaks down the requirements for each different provision, e.g. night, over people, BVLOS etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlanzFPV