Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Offering a full Picture for Construction Progress Monitoring

txDroneCo

Reaction score
Website
www.txdroneco.com
Who here is currently offering a full picture for construction clients? I'm talking about interior progress monitoring as well. I'm sure that offering an inside look that continues past a dry-in will allow for continued monies. Are there any companies out there already doing this? If so, what are you using? Matterport? Samsung 360 cameras? And then how do you go about presenting the data? What is your deliverable?

Interesting idea. We started doing this for Real Estate (not 360deg but Interiors) so I can see where it could be a differential between you and your competition, at least for a period of time.

The idea is interesting because it is to bring back not only the exterior vision of the construction but also the interior and to see the progress of the works. A kind of complete making off?

Reactions: BigAl07
We have been looking into this. From the interior perspective, it's like having x-ray vision. We have been experimenting with a DJI Osmo plus. It works, but not the way we would like. One we liked is iSTAR, Amazing Results with the iSTAR Panoramic Camera But we can't justify the cost just yet. This industry will grow I think. I had hopes for the Nikon version version or Garmin, but there just too new to try yet, at least for me.

We have been looking into this. From the interior perspective, it's like having x-ray vision. We have been experimenting with a DJI Osmo plus. It works, but not the way we would like. One we liked is iSTAR, Amazing Results with the iSTAR Panoramic Camera But we can't justify the cost just yet. This industry will grow I think. I had hopes for the Nikon version version or Garmin, but there just too new to try yet, at least for me.

That camera has very good features. The price is also very good :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've been looking at other options, both for land and drone use. It's difficult because there are so many options and every few minutes it gets better.

I also have eyes on Nikon and Garmin. It's a more affordable level. But where he limps one another is better and vice versa. It's hard to make the right choice. New models are coming out this year, I'll wait a little bit :)

Reactions: Mike Nevins
That camera has very good features. The price is also very good :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've been looking at other options, both for land and drone use. It's difficult because there are so many options and every few minutes it gets better.

I also have eyes on Nikon and Garmin. It's a more affordable level. But where he limps one another is better and vice versa. It's hard to make the right choice. New models are coming out this year, I'll wait a little bit :)

Thats us ArrUnTuS, we will wait just a bit to see what pops up. Not like I don't have anything else to do. Gotta love technology.

Thats us ArrUnTuS, we will wait just a bit to see what pops up. Not like I don't have anything else to do. Gotta love technology.

It's crazy, I spend more time figuring out which product to buy than using it later. The idea is to buy only once. I believe that this year 7K models will come out with 360 degrees real and at a decent price. With the idea of using it on the drone that has stabilizer is an important factor as well. Little by little :)

I'm contracted to Multivista out of the San Francisco and Sacramento office. We do exterior, interior, and Matterport presentations. We use Nikon 500 or 750 and they are full sensor cameras, but we basically do point and shot on interiors. I'm flying the Inspire 2 and it delivers very nice 20 mp photos. We do mapping, progressions, and panos. What I'm seeing is the clients like the mapping and panos more than the progressions. I have only had one complaint, one of the people couldn't read a sign that was two hundred yards away on a pano that was taken from 200 feet, gee, just can't have everything.
Check out Multivista, they are out of Canada and sell franchises. I know there are two franchises in the Dallas area.

Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM