Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Part 107 and Part 61 in Tucson, Arizona

Mike Overstreet

Reaction score
Joining the forum to see what problems others are having meeting the sometimes non-existent FAA regulations which, nevertheless, must be met. I have an Emmy Award for aerial video I shot hanging half outside a helicopter but, even though drones are MUCH safer, and cheaper, and often better stabilized, and I'm a licensed aircraft pilot, I can't believe the lack of guidance from the FAA to those of us wanting to operate legally while allowing "hobby" operators to do pretty much anything including night flight. We're being penalized for trying to play by the rules and I lose a LOT of business to unlicensed individuals who just go ahead and do it. Shooting news coverage, the FAA and I always got along fine, even with an occasional airspace violation from last minute TFR's, until I wanted to fly a 2 pound drone rather than a noisy, 1,300 pound, fuel filled, aircraft.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Welcome Mike,
I'm in Maricopa and like you, am a licensed aircraft pilot and hold the 107. But, I don't have an Emmy. Congratulations.

I have been a photographer for virtually all my adult life, primarily still but also some motion, remember 16mm, and video. I taught photography and journalism for 38 years at Ft Hays State University in Kansas as well. I also find the regs for drones very frustrating. I get down to Tucson quite regularly and would buy you a cup of coffee if you have some time to chaw the fat.

Grandpa Jack

Hi Mike, Good to see the Tucson area being represented here!
Would love to meet up sometime, and if you ever need additional crew for a project I have a Daylight Waiver and Airspace Authorizations for most of the Tucson area.
No Emmys here, but I have worked on some local film projects, a couple which netted an IMDB listing.
Always interested in learning more about this aspect of the industry.
Craig

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM