Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

SOLD - Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian

tleedom

DSAR Member
Reaction score
This is a very nice, clean and well cared for P4P Obsidian. Never crashed or damaged, always taken off from pad or hard surface. Batteries are in excellent condition, no swelling, bulges or cracks. I am the second owner and have logged less than 1hr on it since purchasing last November.

Purchased as a backup, but I just never use it.

Included:
P4P Obsidian
Obsidian controller
2 P4P Obsidian batteries (charge cycles 37, 42)
OEM P4P/Controller charger
2 sets of props 1 OEM and 1 MAS
2 gimbal brackets 1 OEM and 1 aftermarket
Yx battery charger (charges 3 batteries and controller at the same time)
Case Club P4P rolling hard case
Silicon motor covers
USB A to USB C monitor cable

$850 USD shipped lower 48 US only.

Location Colorado Springs, CO

Attachments

• 20220409_142616.jpg
    20220409_142616.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220409_144506.jpg
    20220409_144506.jpg
    564.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220409_144528.jpg
    20220409_144528.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220409_144557.jpg
    20220409_144557.jpg
    688.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220409_144621.jpg
    20220409_144621.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220409_144655.jpg
    20220409_144655.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220409_144716.jpg
    20220409_144716.jpg
    645.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220409_144740.jpg
    20220409_144740.jpg
    643.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220409_144856.jpg
    20220409_144856.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220409_144921.jpg
    20220409_144921.jpg
    344.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: dronecyclops
There is no deliverable difference between the v.1 and v.2 Exact same camera.
Hey Dave! Been a while!! Lance here!

Occusync is diff! Remote linking is phenomenally better on v2 for certain missions! (i.e. low altitude AG over large area). We had to go v2 for certain applications.

Hey Dave! Been a while!! Lance here!

Occusync is diff! Remote linking is phenomenally better on v2 for certain missions! (i.e. low altitude AG over large area). We had to go v2 for certain applications.
Hi Lance.

The point is that the deliverables are identical. The transmission protocol has no effect on what the camera can deliver. If you need to operate BVLOS, then, yes the more signal strength, the better.

Hi Lance.

The point is that the deliverables are identical. The transmission protocol has no effect on what the camera can deliver. If you need to operate BVLOS, then, yes the more signal strength, the better.
Yah... but lots of the v2 requests were based on client specific needs... many in the AG world (lots of dense trees)... where the v1 was losing signal at close range.
Deliverables are not always the Objective of the requests. Likely Why Yoshi was asking. 👍

Yah... but lots of the v2 requests were based on client specific needs... many in the AG world (lots of dense trees)... where the v1 was losing signal at close range.
Deliverables are not always the Objective of the requests. Likely Why Yoshi was asking. 👍
I live and operate in the Pacific NW. Dense trees don't hinder signal at all unless they are between your eyes and the drone. Go behind trees and you are operating BVLOS. That's what I said, right?

The bloke asking about v.2 probably didn't know what or why a v.2 was specified by who ever was providing the work. Heck we don't know that that entity knows either. Best not to make a bunch of assumptions. Unless the operation was "real time inspection", doubtful, then the "deliverable" is likely photos or video which are identical between v1. and v.2 P4Ps.

Exaxtly my point. All he did was ask if the Obsidian came in v2... not if the cameras were the same. Saw a lot of people get burned without v2s. Automated missions that required low descents across hundreds of acres (from stationary lauunch site) were not working with the client's proprietary app... v2 was required. We had pilots all over the U.S. needing v2 in lieu of v1. Hence, i didnt want anyone to make the assumption that the question was posed by Yoshi based on the camera. 👍

All he did was ask if the Obsidian came in v2... not if the cameras were the same.
I suspect if it was occusync he was after then he might have said something? Equipment requirements would generally entail deliverables since it wasn't a DJI restriction.

Also... as an FAA consultant for waiver acquisition, PLEASE don't confuse people as to BVLOS having anything to do with a UAV flying behind a tree 🤣. We are Just Now beginning to make great progress in that area!
If planning to fly out of sight for any reason, you are flying BVLOS. It could be 50 yards away I'm not talking about an instantaneous interruption. If you consult otherwise, I (and probably others) would be interested in hearing how you word your application to make flying where you cannot continuously observe the UAS as "within VLOS".

Also, if you are going autonomous, you usually don't need signal at all with "true" waypoint flight, e.g Litchi.

It sounds like in your operation, others make the decision on what equipment you can use. In my operation, that has not been the case. Except with the DJI thing once in awhile.

Reactions: Gagey52
Proprietary App... autonomous flights to targeted trees, user input for alignment... strong signal required for constant video and timely adjustments. Video must be used since VLOS cannot help Pilot with the top of a tree.

No applications submitted, cause it does not fall into the FAA definition of
BVLOS (normally visible without use of aodes). But, when you work large farms, you will encounter signal degradation at low altitudes (tree tops).

The whole point here is the recurrence of "usually"... whereas Toshi was asking a question for a specific reason-> many clients or "others" DO determine equipment based on their in-house built applications and software. UAV, Sensors, etc.

Additionally, BVLOS Can be overcome with multiple VOs, whereas the transmitter may still be obstructed by tree branches, etc. Thus the reason the product designers continue to improve on the transmission protocols.. like the vast improvement from the P4Pv1 to P4Pv2! It made AG yield trial testing a much more feasible operation! Only use v1 for simple Pilot friendly flight ops (i.e. pretty photos and videos... utility stuff).

I suspect if it was occusync he was after then he might have said something? Equipment requirements would generally entail deliverables since it wasn't a DJI restriction.

If planning to fly out of sight for any reason, you are flying BVLOS. It could be 50 yards away I'm not talking about an instantaneous interruption. If you consult otherwise, I (and probably others) would be interested in hearing how you word your application to make flying where you cannot continuously observe the UAS as "within VLOS".

Also, if you are going autonomous, you usually don't need signal at all with "true" waypoint flight, e.g Litchi.

It sounds like in your operation, others make the decision on what equipment you can use. In my operation, that has not been the case. Except with the DJI thing once in awhile.
Are there other reasons you have seen that someone would need a v2 over a v1 aside from the transmission protocols used?

Are there other reasons you have seen that someone would need a v2 over a v1 aside from the transmission protocols used?
No. Supposedly they are identical otherwise. Many reported horizon drift on the v.2s not reported on the v.1s. But perhaps that was resolved in fw.

like the vast improvement from the P4Pv1 to P4Pv2!
I used to use a P4P v.1 for a lot of mapping image collection before moving to the P4R and Autel RTK kits. The P4R is also ocusync and I did not notice the dramatic improvement is signal strength that you found. But the old saying, if it works for you, that's all that matters.

True true! But very interesting! Our primary 'rtk' guy... using the P4P-RTK... refuses to go back to the v1 for 'regular' mapping sites because it is 'night and day' in terms of signal strength across the large construction sites... and he no longer has to change launch points while doing lawn mower missions [Mostly when it reaches the 1mile extremities].

Good Chat!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM