Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Surveyor with A2 CofC

mattgod69

Reaction score
Hi all, i am a chartered building surveyor. I own a Phantom 4 and Mavic Mini which i have up to now used for recreational purposes. I have recently completed the A2 CofC exam. I know i need to get insurance but I wanted to check i am correct in my interpretation in that my MM can now be used for surveys under the legacy rules (A1 category). I think the Phantom cannot be used though as it is restricted to the A2? Am i correct in my understanding? Are any other users in the same situation as me? Many thanks. Matt

dougcjohn

Reaction score
I'm USA, and had no knowledge of the UK A2 CofC. Curious and looked at a few sites.

Based on the below link, the Mini fits the non-toy C0 class within the A1 class.

This probably doesn't help with your question, but it was enlightening for a USA read.

mattgod69

Reaction score
I seriously doubt the MM is up to anything at commercial level for a whole ton of reasons.
I agree to some extent.... i am not selling services..... only enhancing my existing service for certain instructions. The photos i get from the drone are almost as good as my Phantom 4.....

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timeonli