Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Timing doesn't synch with photos....

Deltadave

DSAR Member
Reaction score
I have an unusual issue and haven't' found answer in searching.

I have an M600P with a Sony X7R IV camera. I set the camera time to Pacific Zone with setup instructions. This camera is not GPS capable and incompatible with the GS PRO so I'm forced temporarily to attach a cell phone to the aircraft and get coordinates blue toothed to the camera. It's a temporary patch until we receive an RTK system that attaches to the hot shoe of the camera. The GS Pro flight planner does have a "custom camera" option, which I have filled in, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Herein lies the problem: When we combine the flight logs from the aircraft with the photo files, there is a slight time difference. I'm waiting for the exact number now from a team member. It's not extreme like a different time zone, but rather a few seconds, and that's everything when creating GPS coordinates on a photomosaic. Even a third pary RTK connected to the camera will not draw corresponding time stamps from the flight logs.
Any and all suggestions are appreciated especially if someone has a direct aircraft to camera patch that is RTK accurate without breaking the bank.
Thanks, I know someone will have great suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143