Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

What is this device that can power a flat screen in the field?

GsquaredAerials

Reaction score
Hi All. I have the M30T and am trying to build out a client monitor pack with the hard case the drone came in. Since I can't figure out how to get my Lenovo M10 Plus tablet to see the Screencast wireless signal from the RC Plus controller, I want to build out a flat panel TV setup like this pilot's and just go HDMI hardwire out. Can anyone tell what that power souce is that the TV is plugged into? I don't see another cable running out of the case that may be going to a portable generator but I'm assuming that is the only way to power the TV. I don't think that's a portable battery bank/converter that is powering the TV.

Attachments

• POWER.PNG
    POWER.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Hi All. I have the M30T and am trying to build out a client monitor pack with the hard case the drone came in. Since I can't figure out how to get my Lenovo M10 Plus tablet to see the Screencast wireless signal from the RC Plus controller, I want to build out a flat panel TV setup like this pilot's and just go HDMI hardwire out. Can anyone tell what that power souce is that the TV is plugged into? I don't see another cable running out of the case that may be going to a portable generator but I'm assuming that is the only way to power the TV. I don't think that's a portable battery bank/converter that is powering the TV.

We use a 120volt rechargeable power bank off amazon. usually around 100 to 150 dollars. they are small enough to mount in the box. Tv doesn't draw a lot of power.

Reactions: SkyTec
I have the Anker 757. While a lot more expensive, it was used a lot when I was flying the M30. It has enough power to recharge batteries in the case, keep my remote charged, keep my phone charged, and since it can slowly recharge hooked to your car or solar panels, it lasts a long time.

When I was flying 15 sites a day, with 9 sets of batteries, I would top off any batteries that were under 40% and just keep flying. I really didn't like starting a flight that was going to take 30 minutes with less than full batteries.

I will say, it is big, heavy (not quite as heavy as a fully loaded M30 battery case), but could power a lot more than a flat screen. I'd recommend it if you think you would want something that can recharge in the field without dragging a generator with you. I was flying ag fields, so I was often too far out to stop somewhere to charge.

Reactions: SkyTec
There are lots of monitor choices. Look for directors monitor for battery powered solutions. Some use V mount and some take a 12vdc barrel connector.

Reactions: BigAl07
I built this out a few years ago. Have since updated to use bluetooth wifi from my ProController to the station. Works great and range is about 200ft.

Adding thread for information about wifi solution and testing:

Reactions: BigAl07

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143