Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Wireless solution for client monitor? Screenbeam Mini 2?

Reaction score
Looking for a wireless solution so the clients aren't over my shoulder, but have image. What do folks out there use? I've been having some limited success streaming my whole (android) screen with the Screenbeam Mini 2. Other ideas? Thanks!
(flying P3P without HDMI Module - maybe I should install that, and work from there?)

Other ideas?

Hey William - I don't use anything other than keeping them (clients) away from me - ha!

However, I do remember someone telling me you can use the HDMI module and/or chromecast and tablet to cast wireless signal to a monitor.
You will need wifi for that and depending on where you are you may not get much of a signal!

Good Luck.

HDMI Out module will help tremendously. There are other "Streaming" options available but I only use iOS products so I can't help on the Android side of things.

Hey William - I don't use anything other than keeping them (clients) away from me - ha!

However, I do remember someone telling me you can use the HDMI module and/or chromecast and tablet to cast wireless signal to a monitor.
You will need wifi for that and depending on where you are you may not get much of a signal!

Good Luck.
Thank you - I got the Screenbeam because it does not need wifi, because that can be an issue in the field. Still hunting for a better option

Thank you - I got the Screenbeam because it does not need wifi, because that can be an issue in the field. Still hunting for a better option

I realize that my suggestion might be more expensive than most people would want to deal with - but - I wanted to be able to offer very high quality viewing on a remote monitor so I picked up a couple of field monitors which can be powered all day with a large Anton-Bauer field battery (Lilliput 28" & Atomos 19"). Of course that meant buying the battery, which was almost $3,000 alone.

For more versatility I added the Vaxis 1000ft 10-channel wireless transmission system. With that system one can park the remote monitor(s) as far away as need be without a long cord - a block away if necessary. Of course, wireless is not necessary just to get your clients out of your oxygen supply. A long cord out of your controller's HDMI OUT will certainly suffice.

Although mine are high-end, expensive options they're sort of necessary since I anticipate working with a few law enforcement agencies down the road. At that point the quality and reliability needs to be very high. If it's overkill, in the meantime, I can always use it to blow future clients' socks off.

Last edited:
Looking for a wireless solution so the clients aren't over my shoulder, but have image. What do folks out there use? I've been having some limited success streaming my whole (android) screen with the Screenbeam Mini 2. Other ideas? Thanks!
(flying P3P without HDMI Module - maybe I should install that, and work from there?)
Hi, we offer an android app that live streams video so that a client or anyone else can watch on their own device, either right there with you, or elsewhere at any other location as well.

can I ask what you use for iOS - I do like the DJI Go app interface on that way better.

Depending on what "other" equipment you have you can Airplay from your iPad to an AppleTV.

If you want to Airplay to a Windows based Laptop (which is what we're currently using for LEA/FD demonstrations) you can install LonelyScreen on your laptop. It basically allows your laptop to accept an iOS Airplay signal.

I'd imagine you can't get too far away because it relies on the sending and recving devices to both be on the same active WiFi.

Depending on what "other" equipment you have you can Airplay from your iPad to an AppleTV.

If you want to Airplay to a Windows based Laptop (which is what we're currently using for LEA/FD demonstrations) you can install LonelyScreen on your laptop. It basically allows your laptop to accept an iOS Airplay signal.

I'd imagine you can't get too far away because it relies on the sending and recving devices to both be on the same active WiFi.
Yeah, I'm looking for a solution that doesn't require wifi.... Thanks though!

I realize that my suggestion might be more expensive than most people would want to deal with - but - I wanted to be able to offer very high quality viewing on a remote monitor so I picked up a couple of field monitors which can be powered all day with a large Anton-Bauer field battery (Lilliput 28" & Atomos 19"). Of course that meant buying the battery, which was almost $3,000 alone.

For more versatility I added the Vaxis 1000ft 10-channel wireless transmission system. With that system one can park the remote monitor(s) as far away as need be without a long cord - a block away if necessary. Of course, wireless is not necessary just to get your clients out of your oxygen supply. A long cord out of your controller's HDMI OUT will certainly suffice.

Although mine are high-end, expensive options they're sort of necessary since I anticipate working with a few law enforcement agencies down the road. At that point the quality and reliability needs to be very high. If it's overkill, in the meantime, I can always use it to blow future clients' socks off.
Nice! Yeah, I am familiar with the Terradeck systems, very similar - but looking for a lower cost solution. Most of my clients generally have their own monitor, but down the road I should invest in one. Thank you!

The best wireless solution is no wireless solution. Glossing over all the intricacies of RF, it's like putting a loudspeaker right next to a microphone. HDMI or SDI to a field monitor is your best and most reliable option.

Reactions: The Editor
The best wireless solution is no wireless solution. Glossing over all the intricacies of RF, it's like putting a loudspeaker right next to a microphone. HDMI or SDI to a field monitor is your best and most reliable option.
Are you thinking that the signal would interfere with the bird, or vice versa, or both?

Are you thinking that the signal would interfere with the bird, or vice versa, or both?

When you're dealing with high bandwidth applications like video, a transmitter next right next to a receiver is likely going to influence the reception quality. It's not a given. Just likely. Even when on different frequencies.

P4P+ remote HDMI out via 20' cable to a 7", $150 HD field monitor. The director was happy enough. Small investment to achieve it all. I agree with all of the previous comments, remove wireless from this solution unless absolutely necessary.

Reactions: Raymondo
HDMI Out module will help tremendously. There are other "Streaming" options available but I only use iOS products so I can't help on the Android side of things.
Al,
I have a P+. Are you saying that I can plug an HDMI cable into my controller
and put a picture into the HDMI of a field monitor? Or is the "HDMI Out module" something I have to install?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM