Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

XT Gimbal shake when flying mapping Mission

TreeLineView

DSAR Member
Reaction score
I have been experiencing an issue with my brand new XT 640 x 512 13mm 30Htz sensor. Mounted to an M200 V1 which is also brand new. When flying any mapping missing in Pilot Mission planner capturing tiffs, I get a jerking gimbal shake almost every time the camera fires for an image. See short video in link. If I fly in manual mode, I can capture images and video without any issue. M200, XT Sensor and adapter ring all on latest firmware. If I remove the ring adapter and XT, and fly the same mission with an X4S lens I don't seen any issues. Images are captured as they should be. Alternatively, If I use an IOS device and another 3rd party mission software, (DroneDeploy), I see the same results. Jerking with the XT sensor every time it fires the image command sequence. Well almost every time.

The XT just came back from 2 months at DJI/Flir for this issue. They said they fixed the issue, but don't have a clear understanding of exactly what they did. Obviously not! Two questions; has anyone else experienced this and can someone validate my custom settings for the sensor in the Pilot Mission planner. There is no option for and XT sensor in the mission planner for sensor/lens type. I manually put in these settings from spec page on Flir site.

Video of Shaking Gimbal:

IMG_0699.jpg

I have literally been dealing with this issue for the past 3 months with my customers drones. I have sent it off to DJI for further testing, but I have not received word from them. I am curious as to what could be the issue is. I am thinking it could be due some software incompatibility, and you need to use an adapter as well??? If you do send it, send them everything, so they can experience exactly what you are observing.

I have literally been dealing with this issue for the past 3 months with my customers drones. I have sent it off to DJI for further testing, but I have not received word from them. I am curious as to what could be the issue is. I am thinking it could be due some software incompatibility, and you need to use an adapter as well??? If you do send it, send them everything, so they can experience exactly what you are observing.
So it is only happening when attempting to map using Mission Planner or other mapping Client like DroneDeploy? If so, are you using the same settings that I am for the custom lens setup in those apps see screenshot.

Sensor Specs for: Zenmuse XT v2 640x512 13mm 30 Htz

settings.jpg

Just an update. I sent back my XT Sensor and ring adapter last week. After working with them for past two months and already sending it back once, this time they said, we don't need the drone.....Sounds like they have identified the issues and probably multiple customers like you and I are impacted. just got an email that the issue is related to XT gimbal firmware. They are applying a pre-release today and testing, but they are quite certain that will fix it. I asked when the firmware would be GA and they said at a later date not yet determined. So sounds like they have a "patch" for the specific issue that they are applying and will roll it into another full GA release at a later time

I had the same problem today. It was very frustrating considering the XT worked great when I tried it outside of the mapping app (Pix4d). Has there been any updates to this?

I had the same problem today. It was very frustrating considering the XT worked great when I tried it outside of the mapping app (Pix4d). Has there been any updates to this?

My issue was related to firmware that they had no fix as of last May. I would try another mapping app, any like DroneDeploy or any other to rule out Pix4d. Then confirm that you are using the latest Firmware versions of the sensor. You didn't say if the XT was V1 or V2. If you are using a ring adapter on M200 series or native connection on I2 drones

My issue was related to firmware that they had no fix as of last May. I would try another mapping app, any like DroneDeploy or any other to rule out Pix4d. Then confirm that you are using the latest Firmware versions of the sensor. You didn't say if the XT was V1 or V2. If you are using a ring adapter on M200 series or native connection on I2 drones
I believe the XT is a ver.2. I was using a ring adapter on a 210rtk. Outside of the mapping mission the gimbal was rock solid. I’ve created a “custom” camera profile so I can try the mission in the pilot app but haven’t had a chance to fly it yet. I haven’t tried any other mapping app yet. We also have a matrice 300 so I might just use that instead. Thanks for your feedback!

I believe the XT is a ver.2. I was using a ring adapter on a 210rtk. Outside of the mapping mission the gimbal was rock solid. I’ve created a “custom” camera profile so I can try the mission in the pilot app but haven’t had a chance to fly it yet. I haven’t tried any other mapping app yet. We also have a matrice 300 so I might just use that instead. Thanks for your feedback!
Is the sensor a 336 or 640? I would give one shot at firmware. Don't forget that the ring adapter requires firmware as well. Something I didn't know. You have to hook it up to the DJI Assistant 2 software on a PC to see the version and apply new versions of ring adapter software

I only fly mapping missions with the DJI Pilot app on my Crystal Sky. Rock solid after the sensor firmware issue was resolve. PS It was resolved by DJI replacing the Sensor after 6 months of back and forth. sensor was brand new and arrived to me with issue

The sensor is the 640. I didn’t know the ring had firmware either, thanks for the info on that! I’m looking forward to trying it with the pilot app. Fingers crossed that it gets me the results I need!

Reactions: TreeLineView
The sensor is the 640. I didn’t know the ring had firmware either, thanks for the info on that! I’m looking forward to trying it with the pilot app. Fingers crossed that it gets me the results I need!
Let me know how you make out. I am glad to share more of my specific case if you IM me. Good Luck

Let me know how you make out. I am glad to share more of my specific case if you IM me. Good Luck
Well I’ve tried pix4d, drone deploy, DJI pilot and made sure everything had current (and refreshed) firmware. End result - the XT jumps around like a jonesing drug user no matter which program I use to fly a mapping mission! It is still rock solid during normal flight though. Any ideas?

You are explaining the "exact" same issue I had with my brand new XT 640 one a year ago. It was sent back to to DJI four times before Engineering Team in Ca started working on custom firmware updates from China. Three different firmware hot fixes before they gave up and gave me a new unit. 5 months of lost revenue. Hope you have better luck.

You are explaining the "exact" same issue I had with my brand new XT 640 one a year ago. It was sent back to to DJI four times before Engineering Team in Ca started working on custom firmware updates from China. Three different firmware hot fixes before they gave up and gave me a new unit. 5 months of lost revenue. Hope you have better luck.
****... since this one is well beyond warranty I'm sure it would end up costing some cash to go through all that. I might be better off trying to get a purchase order for a newer model. Thanks for the info BTW! The way this thing was acting I was beginning to question my sanity lol!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM