Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Yuneec Launches First Commercial Drone

The H520 looks very interesting. I like the different camera options.

Does anyone have any experience with this model?
I've been on the Yuneec Forum and there are a few issues, (what drone doesn't have issues?) cost 4+ grand, I'm waiting for the new H+ about 2 grand and better camera than the current 480H
I fly the 480H, I like the thought of having 6 engines, I lost a blade while in flight, came back safely.:)

I've been on the Yuneec Forum and there are a few issues, (what drone doesn't have issues?) cost 4+ grand, I'm waiting for the new H+ about 2 grand and better camera than the current 480H
I fly the 480H, I like the thought of having 6 engines, I lost a blade while in flight, came back safely.:)

How do you like the operator interface and the controller? That controller looks awful big with the tablet stuck in the middle.

Reactions: Firedrone
Would not call it their first, they has another beast of a hex out for quite a while

That would be the 920, I know another commercial operator that uses that one for work and they are happy with it.

A lot of Yuneec pilots who watched the announcement and subsequent roll out of the original Typhoon H and saw the delays and teething problems it had in the beginning; were more cautious of the 520. It was odd to see how Yuneec presented that aircraft as only for Commercial work in light of the fact that they did have the 920. There were again delays from the supposed date till it really hit and a few other problems that could (or should) be fixed with firmware updates. I was going to get one but the lack of information, price for what you get, and delays kept me away.

Now the Typhoon H plus promises the 1" inch, 20 megapixel sensor on the H platform. If they get that right, I am in. The retractable gear, 360 rotatable camera, and the ability to fly an automated mission while directly controlling the camera from the right joystick in any direction during flight opens up a lot of possibilities from a video perspective. I also like the integrated screen in the controller. Time will tell.

Reactions: AH-1G and Firedrone
I was really interested in the 520 but everything I read from the end users scared me away. Then the H+ was announced. Seems like Yuneec doesn't have a good history with firmware updates.

How do you like the operator interface and the controller? That controller looks awful big with the tablet stuck in the middle.
I think your right. Personally I prefer the look of the dji remotes.

Just a quick question, can you use other apps like dronedeploy, litchi, ect. to fly drones that have inbuilt screens?

Last edited:
I think your right. Personally I prefer the look of the dji remotes.

Just a quick question, can you use other apps like dronedeploy, litchi, ect. to fly drones that have inbuilt screens?
IScreen has nothing to do with it, it's the software that can be implemented.
There is software, Tuna (avatar name) on Yuneec Pilots developed a software I don't use it and not sure it's capabilities?

IScreen has nothing to do with it, it's the software that can be implemented.
There is software, Tuna (avatar name) on Yuneec Pilots developed a software I don't use it and not sure it's capabilities?
So can you dounload other 'third party' apps onto the inbuilt device like this one and The P4pro+?

@Firedrone - The App that AH-1G is referring to is UAVToolbox. It is a third party app specifically for the Yuneec Typhoon H line that adds a lot of very useful tools similar to the ones used for the Phantoms.

Reactions: AH-1G
Inspire 2 has many more features, better cameras, more range. P4P has more range and stability. Also becasue of the fact that Yuneec seems to be going out.

Hi,

I'm the guy behind UAV Toolbox, which runs on the Typhoon H/ST-16. So you can read the following with that bias in mind ;)

The H520 is a great flying platform - incredibly stable, especially in high winds that would take other drones away; fast and responsive with very accurate positioning. The motor redundancy means you can loose a prop and not crash, and it's also remarkably quiet, which makes a nice difference from some of the other big birds out there.

There have been some software problems (not unusual in the industry, sadly), but the forthcoming firmware update promises to address those issues. Historically, Yuneec have been pretty good with firmware updates - adding new features to models that have been out for a year or more and steadily improving the tools. Obviously you can't promise anything until the next firmware actually arrives, but the H520 is based on the PX4 controller, so it's pretty robust and well understood.

I couldn't imagine flying a drone without the ST-16. Everything 'just works', with controls to hand and the screen properly integrated. That means no fiddling with articulated arms, no hidden cost of an extra screen, software that is reliable and always there (no unexpected out of memory errors, system upgrades, phone calls from your Mom). It also means you get decent flight logs (which my software uses) and on the consumer model you get FPV video and photos recorded automatically, so you can review flights without having to pull memory cards out of the camera. Basically you can pick it up, switch it on and off you go - no fiddling or fussing in front of a client, and it doesn't look like a toy. Oh, and the battery is swappable, so you can keep on flying all day long.

Yuneec run their company pretty carefully - they've been in business for years, and have avoided the big splashes of new entrants that promise the earth and then disappear. They launched the H520 very softly and have been working on building a solid commercial platform focussing on surveying and reconnaissance rather than promising it would do everything. So there aren't huge numbers of 520's out there, and if you want it for cinematography, it's not the drone for you. They try to work on strong customer support, so if you can get to a distributor and have a test flight, I'd highly recommend it. If you just want to grab something cheap from Best Buy, there are other options.

What FACTS!
Not true, it's all been hearsay gossip!:mad:
Really it all comes down to personal opinion, companies can offer a good drone and some people will like it, others won't.
Everyone has their preferred type of drone, they like what it comes with and how it operates, they like the feel of how it flies.
I'm not saying that some people can't have, and like, multiple drones from multiple companies.
But realistically every one prefers a different drone, thats why companies make many different types of drones, to sute different peoples preferences and needs.

Reactions: AH-1G

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM