Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Zenmuse XT2 V2 boot time

Max_at_Maverick

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced an above average boot time when operating an XT2 on a M210 V2? It takes about 5-7 minutes, very consistently, when the issue occurs. It just became cold here, and the issue is experienced primarily outside. Has anyone had any experience operating the XT2 at below recommended temperatures? DJI support has been largely unhelpful, saying they have never tested it below the operating temperature, which makes me wonder how they came up with the lower bound in the first place.

What is the environmental operating range of the XT2? I didn't see it in the specs. I know that my XT 640 V2 has a range of 14 Degrees to 104 Degrees. By default, the Tau 2 sensor takes 5 to 7 minutes to warm up. I was told that by the Flir Engineer. I don't necessary think he was talking about temp, but the startup time and whatever internal process the sensor needs to be ready to accurately capture thermal radiation.

Reactions: Max_at_Maverick
It is reasonable to cost several minutes for the thermal modules on the UAV to warm up. It will conduct internal calibration to better absorb external heat for imaging.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker