Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

AirMap LAANC "Major Outage" / app issue

Chris-KC

Reaction score

I was trying to set up flights for next week and couldn't get ANY to go through. I sent a support message via the app and they got right back with me with the above link. They're working on it but don't have a timeline for when it will be fixed.

What's more, my past flights in the recently updated iOS app 2.5.3 no longer display the green authorization bar! The changelog for the 2.5.3 update says it came out June 5:
- Minor update to authorization status messages
- Bug fixes

I'm seeing if I can roll back to 2.5.2 from a backup but that may not help. The website app.airmap.io is completely screwed up too. All flights, past - current - future, show as "Today [some time] - Today [some time]" and from the bit of map shown, are in places I've never been. All that I looked at say "Sorry, we were unable to retrieve your flight plan authorizations." Edit: As soon as I posted this that last issue got fixed, sort of. The real past flights are back in app.airmap.io, but all say "No related authorizations" instead of displaying the confirmation number I got at the time.

Last edited:
I use these guys
Free, all you have to do is register.
Thanks for the recommendation. I have a tab open on them but haven't gotten around to it. I did talk to Kittyhawk earlier today. I'm not a good fit for the "enterprise" pricing model.

I use these guys
Free, all you have to do is register.
Skyward=the best

I did my first LAANC auth for Class C in Oakland, CA yesterday using AirMap for DroneBase (some of us need to start at the bottom, I know) and it didn't look like the videos I've seen. The flight was 'submitted' and the timer started. I looked everywhere for an Authorization but ultimately thought that because I didn't ask for anything outside of the 50' grid max that all was good.

I also expected to have to ask DJI for an unlock as I'm in Class C, but the rotors started on my Mavic 2 Zoom. I launched and did the mission. Now I'm thinking I wasn't legally authorized to perform that flight. Great.

I got the authorizations I needed via Skyward.io. I like it a lot.

Airmap is back up FYI. Here's a support email I got: "
Murat (AirMap)
Jun 7, 15:54 PDT
Please be advised, AirMap LAANC authorization services are now fully operational.

Note: When creating your flight plan, the new field entitled "Please provide a brief note to justify the safety of the operation" as well as all other fields on the screen are required in order to successfully request LAANC authorization.

We apologize for any inconvenience this outage has caused.

In order to be updated on any future system maintenance which may impact your operations, please go to https://status.airmap.com and click "Subscribe to Updates" on the top right.

Thank you for using AirMap and flying safely.

Reactions: AH-1G
I got the authorizations I needed via Skyward.io. I like it a lot.

Airmap is back up FYI. Here's a support email I got: "
Note: When creating your flight plan, the new field entitled "Please provide a brief note to justify the safety of the operation" as well as all other fields on the screen are required in order to successfully request LAANC authorization.
Anyone know what they're looking for in the "Please provide a brief note to justify the safety of the operation" field?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parker