Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

An Observation on FAA Drone Rules

One thing I think you aren't aware of. If one of these folks, licensed or not ends up having an accident and injuring someone, the the sh.... will hit the fan. Eventually those living outside of the rules will most likely get the attention of the FAA and pay the price for their actions.

We all probably look at life differently, I got taught a lesson in high school playing football. I didn't like playing by the rules, so the coach sat me down and told me "either play by the rules or get out of the game, and you will find in the real world life is pretty much the same." He was right, and I learned to try playing by the rules.

Adam, I am right with you. You hit the nail on the head with every point. I have had my Part 107 License for almost a year now and feel like the walls are closing in on me. I am a rule follower and feel like I can't hardly fly anywhere interesting. So for the most part, I fly at my house and my RC Club field- very boring!

It's still the Wild West out here. Things are beginning to shake out (the LAANC beta), but the explosion of drone use will result in Big Brother oversight and onerous restrictions on the little guy.

When relative calm arrives, the reality will be that the grand vision of airspace safety regarding sUAS will succumb to establishing acceptable risk and liability assessment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerardH143