Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Aquiline Drones

JoelP

Reaction score
Are people in this forum familiar with Aquiline Drones? I received an unsolicited call from them this week to promote their service of providing connections to commercial drone projects. When I looked at their site it seemed that participation required completion of their own certification course for ~$1200 and perhaps purchase and use of their own drones. I wrote to them to try to learn more about their business model, but never heard back from them.

Is this a legitimate company? Does the FAA publicize phone numbers for those with Part 107 certification?

Vic Moss

Reaction score
Website
dspalliance.org
Aquiline Drones are a legit company, in that they do actually exist, and they do offer training.

I would strongly advise against signing up for that training though. Their business model is suspect at best.

Chris676

Reaction score
I have gone through the training of aquiline drones and to be honest. It sure sounds good looks legitimate. The FAA has even listed Aquiline drones getting the part 135 for delivery. They were one of four large companies including ups fedex wings and they ha e a vision to run drone calls like Uber. I hate that they compare themselves with Uber cause I was a driver at one point. However the online training is finished but one area is greyed out and it’s the section on the Hurricane drone. I am a drone business in Texas and the AD cloud is not accessible at today There is a hold on the whole program. What could it be? No jobs? I hope they work it out and can succeed They will go up in price as I paid 1299 and that was Dec 2020. Now july 5 th 2021. There have only been a new agricultural video to drum up business and they need 3000 pilots a month. I wonder if they are living real. No jobs from them yet. vette86

OFAP

Reaction score
I have gone through the training of aquiline drones and to be honest. It sure sounds good looks legitimate. The FAA has even listed Aquiline drones getting the part 135 for delivery. They were one of four large companies including ups fedex wings and they ha e a vision to run drone calls like Uber. I hate that they compare themselves with Uber cause I was a driver at one point. However the online training is finished but one area is greyed out and it’s the section on the Hurricane drone. I am a drone business in Texas and the AD cloud is not accessible at today There is a hold on the whole program. What could it be? No jobs? I hope they work it out and can succeed They will go up in price as I paid 1299 and that was Dec 2020. Now july 5 th 2021. There have only been a new agricultural video to drum up business and they need 3000 pilots a month. I wonder if they are living real. No jobs from them yet. vette86
I actually stopped by AD's headquarters while I was in the Hartford area. Their CFO was kind enough to meet briefly with me, despite the fact they are very busy with this initial rollout of their F2F program. They are currently preparing for live training on their equipment and software, while also expanding their headquarter space to include a formal showroom. All the while, AD continues to garnish accolades from the media. I believe they are going through struggles imposed by COVID and everything else going on, but are genuinely serious about being number one in the field. Having also completed the online training, I'm following through on the remainder of the course.

Chris676

Reaction score
If you do not mind , you said you finished the online course. I have finished all but the greyed out area for the Drone. Have you got past that? You say your following through with the training, What other training are you following up on? I have talked to Roger Chief Revenue Officer for Aquiline and I believe your right the Covid put them behind. I have even received my LLC last week and paid and I'm registered in Texas, with a 0 Balance. lol What's next after that? Thank you my friend.

OFAP

Reaction score
If you do not mind , you said you finished the online course. I have finished all but the greyed out area for the Drone. Have you got past that? You say your following through with the training, What other training are you following up on? I have talked to Roger Chief Revenue Officer for Aquiline and I believe your right the Covid put them behind. I have even received my LLC last week and paid and I'm registered in Texas, with a 0 Balance. lol What's next after that? Thank you my friend.
The training module presenting AD's equipment & system has not yet been released, which will likely occur around the same time as their in-house training. My remaining concerns (for my own education) are with what AD refers to as "Mastering A Solution." While a thorough overview of opportunities is presented, the information provided does not, imho, currently seem to provide sufficient training to, say, perform tower inspections or surveying. I am assuming that is the responsibility of the student, outside of AD's curriculum. If so, some guidance (e.g., links to training in thermal) would be helpful. It's difficult to imagine their AI systems cover any of that...but who knows? Frankly, I need to address these concerns before I commit to creating an LLC and taking on assignments. Someone...anyone...please enlighten me if I am missing some info.

Fred Garvin

Reaction score
Website
orbisdroneservices.com
So, what is this outfit? You pay $1300 to train on their birds and software, and I'm guessing you have to buy their system and birds too. Then they send you jobs....

BUT...there's no jobs yet, and no access to the structure....???

Sounds like a "Fake it 'till you make it"... kinda thing? Your $1300 is investor money for something that isn't real yet and may or may not even go?

Just IMHO, I don't really know. I'm not intending to disparage them and if they're legit...but honestly Vic's comments raise the Red Flag 'cause if anyone would know, he would.

OFAP

Reaction score
So, what is this outfit? You pay $1300 to train on their birds and software, and I'm guessing you have to buy their system and birds too. Then they send you jobs....

BUT...there's no jobs yet, and no access to the structure....???

Sounds like a "Fake it 'till you make it"... kinda thing? Your $1300 is investor money for something that isn't real yet and may or may not even go?

Just IMHO, I don't really know. I'm not intending to disparage them and if they're legit...but honestly Vic's comments raise the Red Flag 'cause if anyone would know, he would.
Your concerns are understandable. To be sure, I have encountered some red flags throughout this initial rollout of their training.

However, I am (still) curious enough to invest the time (and course costs) to see the training through to the end.

As I have mentioned, AD has received a great deal of promotional support from local industry, law makers, and of course the press.

And upon revisiting much of their "solution focused" training, their allusion that AI provides much of the industry-specific heavy lifting would be a game changer...if they are not simply blowing smoke. The hardware they are distributing, notably their Altura Zenith beast, would suggest they are serious.

I will certainly pass along my experiences to the group.

Chris676

Reaction score
I actually stopped by AD's headquarters while I was in the Hartford area. Their CFO was kind enough to meet briefly with me, despite the fact they are very busy with this initial rollout of their F2F program. They are currently preparing for live training on their equipment and software, while also expanding their headquarter space to include a formal showroom. All the while, AD continues to garnish accolades from the media. I believe they are going through struggles imposed by COVID and everything else going on, but are genuinely serious about being number one in the field. Having also completed the online training, I'm following through on the remainder of the course.
Thank you for the reply, I talked to the fellow at Aquiline cause I was recruiting pilots for them to get money off my drone from Aquiline Drone and the Drone.
I was asked. "Why do you think people would Pay 1300 and then sit like I am . In reality I am doing the same drone Mapping and Commercial Photography and Solar now.
I do not stay busy and that is what turned me on about this company. I studied them and the drone manufacturer, my opinion at this stage is the Computer Online Training is like an extended version of the PART 107 and I found it quite boring to re -hash the Part 107 for 4 Modules. Yes, I'm the fool who paid for the LLC and I have no jobs from Aquiline as of July 19th 2021 and I have been finished with the online course 2 months ago. In fact the course was being written as I was taking it.. The training in CT is ok if they fly me up there? I was told a couple of weeks ago from them that everything is running late because of the Covid. I understand that to an extent. However, how many people are going to invest like I did and supposedly after I got my LLC they do not give directions as to what is next. IS the cloud AD going to work in before 2022, cause in the beginning, no one told me I would Pay and wait. The gentleman that says he is not into thier business plan. Hell I would like what the plan is and what dates these plans are coming into affect. I have some cushion money but the program is more than 1300, in Tx LLC cost 300.00 then if you have good credit , in which I do not, you have to find a piss poor bank for business checking, and deposit 100.00, so we are close to 2K out of pocket. The LLC was easy to get they have it so you do not have to pay any fees, added plus. My question is this. Who are we going to work for in the future year and ,why do I need to train on a drone? I have 5 years Experience, they are talking about 3-6 days of flight training and they are hiring for this position as well. So I am going to have a new guy show me a drone and how to work it? Think not. All the mail they send goes to spam usually and I have missed emails because I don't check my spam usually. I might sit here another month and see if I can make a few dollars on my own. Aquiline says everything is opening in June 2021 online , well, we are in Aug almost. I am banking on them to come through , if they do not in the next couple of months, I'm in a bind with cash like some of you.

Chris676

Reaction score
Aquiline Drones are a legit company, in that they do actually exist, and they do offer training.

I would strongly advise against signing up for that training though. Their business model is suspect at best.
Their business model is suspect at best.. Sir what do you mean by this? I am head over heels going in debt for this company Aquiline Drones and I have taken the Online Training, and now Im stuck with a LLC and no work from Aquiline Drones? Can you elaborate on your answer as it was not long you wrote. Thank You

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandCop