Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Ask a sUAS Thermographer

You can attend an sUAS Thermal course from ITC.

If I may ask, why?
I would like to expand my skill sets where I think there is a market I can enter, but don’t know anyone willing to help, so first thank you for the reply. And also thank you and the group for all the information so far. Btw what is ITC?

I would like to expand my skill sets where I think there is a market I can enter, but don’t know anyone willing to help, so first thank you for the reply. And also thank you and the group for all the information so far. Btw what is ITC?

You are very welcome.

Now I can not stop you from taking the ITC (Infrared Training Center) course and I do recommend it if you are planning to do temperature report IF the customer request it, but I can give some recommendations if you want to learn a new skill set and save money.

Reactions: GsquaredAerials
That would be great, thank you again for the information. I would appreciate any time you have to help.

I checked out some of your posts. Really like the experiments, and explinations with them. I’m still very interested in this field, so I’d like to ask you what you think first steps should be. What rig do you fly. I fly the Inspire 2, what are your recommendations.

Thank you again!

Thank you for the comments. As you might know these cameras can be costly. So I have posted my first recommendation if you want to learn about thermography.

Click Here ~~~> Want to learn Thermography?

The C2 can work as double duty for your professional work. Then you can look into getting to a FLIR Duo or VUE to mount on your aircraft. I know some will ask about the XT if so I highly recommend getting the 336 non-radiometric version to save some $$$.

I fly several aircrafts and for thermal I have 2 aircraft that can share the VUE Pro, based on the mission needs.

Im interested in adding thermal imaging to my offerings. I am looking into the FLIR C3. Does anyone have any pros or cons with this camera?

Today I debuted the Flir Vue Pro R. I've been entertaining watching where all the heating tubes go when it's turned on. Looking at the heat losses in the exterior walls, etc. That yes, I am clear that you have to train to make things right :)

Reactions: Outta Control
Would you happen to have any information in regard to FLIR developing a camera for the Inspire 2?

Good question.

Based on a recent discussion from FLIR and as of now, there are no plans for any future product collaboration between FLIR and DJI.

Besides the Inspire 2 is really catered for the cinematography role.

That looks like a great set-up, I'm also interested to learn thermography, I'm not sure exactly what to take. My thoughts are really to perform energy audits on a building and identify heat loss. What course would you recommend OC, you gave great direction on the equipment. I'm curious on the screen and tripod, do you connect to the UAV wifi?

What are the biggest differences in the XT 640 and 336? Is there an XT-R?

I need a camera that the whole screen is radiometric.

I am trying to break into the energy sector. It will be for powerline work. I was told it is a requirement. But I don't have all the details yet. I'm really just trying to get ahead so when the opportunity comes I can be prepaired. And i am just starting to learn about thermal cams, so I still have much research to do.

I was on the fence with the 336 vs the 640 and radiometric vs. non-radiometric. Thanks for the information. As a starter system I will likely go with the 336. I found a pretty nice gimbal system at Intelligent UAS for my Phantom 4. They offer the gimbal with the FLIR Vue Pro and also the newer FLIR Boson both with 336. What are the pros and cons of the Vue Pro over the Boson? Also they have a number of lens options. For an aerial platform, do you recommend the 4.3, 6.3, 9.1 or 13.8 mm lens for a 336 setup? Thanks

Reactions: Outta Control
Good for you.

I have no personal experience with the Boson as this is their new, smaller platform. As for the lens, this will certainly depend on your type of work. If you could give me some detail I could guide you better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku