Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian!

Thanks for this amazing opportunity to win. This would be a unreal upgrade from my phantom 3 standard edition. Good luck everyone!

I would be very glad if I could win this drone. That would be a great opportunity to start my own real, and quite professional business in my City, and My Country. In my area this drone are really expensive (in relation to earnings) so prize like this would be like a gift from heaven :) and first step to own business. I got a Polish licence to fly all UAVO in VLOS and BVLOS under the 5 kilos, so I thing that this Phantom in my hand's could be a great tool to fly :). That's funny but I didn't even saw any obsidian Phantom live so far :) so it would be another reason why I would like to win this drone :). And the third reason is that I never ever win anything (except for my wife and great two child's ) :) :)

Here are few photos which I did in a last few day's. I hope You all like it. The pictures are without any processing (only reduced to be smaller - to put them here faster :) )

Attachments

• DJI_0001.JPG
    DJI_0001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
  • DJI_0234.JPG
    DJI_0234.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 1-2.JPG
    1-2.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 15
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    8.1 MB · Views: 15
This would be a splendid prize for any aspiring aerial photographer. I have been very pleased indeed with the pictures I'm getting from my P4P....take a look at www.skytech-imaging.com all pictures were taken with the P4P. Some folks would beg to differ that to do a "proper" job you need a DSLR but for most of my customers the P4P has been just fine including making poster size enlargements.View attachment 14

I would agree with you regarding the quality of the photographs on the Phantom 4 pro. Maybe not national geographic type quality but then again, I am not a national geographic type photographer :) I think from the standpoint of cost to benefit ratio, the P4P Wins hands down over a pro rig that can carry a DSLR. And very nice pictures by the way.

Orange RIT dye? Looks good ! The visibility differences are probably negligible but the orange looks pretty sharp.
I use RIT "DyeMore Synthetic" Apricot Orange. You are correct, more for the ground effects than visibility in flight. If you get into the sun they can also cause orange reflections in an image.
IMG_0416c.JPG

Reactions: Bad Karma
I use RIT "DyeMore Synthetic" Apricot Orange. You are correct, more for the ground effects than visibility in flight. If you get into the sun they can also cause orange reflections in an image.
View attachment 267

Are they working good, or maybe they are louder than normally? You dont have any shake's or vibes of the drone during flight?

Are they working good, or maybe they are louder than normally? You dont have any shake's or vibes of the drone during flight?
I haven't noticed any difference in noise or vibration between dyed or not. That is with both the P3P and the P4P, neither of which is very quiet to start with!

I would love a shot at the P4Pro Obsidian. I am currently flying the Mavic, and having the longer flight time and better camera would be an asset.

Not sure as to what your question is. As far as the Obsidian goes, I find easier to spot on the Horizon.

Hey, what a deal! Join the forum and get your name in the hat for a cool new P4P. I’ve been flying a little FPV racer for fun and was going to go to Wally World (Walmart) to pick up a P3S to start into some serious flying. I’ll wait on that now and see how this drawing turns out. Good luck all. Red.

Now that DroneBase stopped doing pano missions I would really love to win this since my drone isn’t capable of doing Getty Missions which require 4K videos that my 3 standard can’t do. Hopefully I may win and continue doing the work I love and hopefully DroneBase will replaced the pano missions soon with something like was like them so we still can fly and make money doing it.

Not sure as to what your question is. As far as the Obsidian goes, I find easier to spot on the Horizon.
Sorry about such a late reply, there was no question. I do most of my flying out over the ocean trying to photograph whales and other marine life. That usually means I have to launch and then search for the subject of my shot. The P4P Obsidian has a longer battery life than my current drone the Mavic Pro. I was just saying that having that extra few minutes of flight time is beneficial when trying to get the shot. The extra visibility is a plus too, and something I hadn't considered.

Hey Guys and Gals, Thanks for letting us be apart of your group!!!
I have over 50 years Aviation background Full size and R/C Aircraft
We fly a Yuneec Q500 4K, Typhoon H and a scratch built 920mm Hexi Naza V2 Controller...
Part 107 Certified - NC Department of Aviation Certificate - Use Verifly Insurance
80 percent of our buss. has been Realty Work - the other 20 percent has covered News Paper Work - Tower location and inspection - Construction Site Documentation - Movie Making and Commercials

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM