Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian!

I love this thread and I'm just in here to say good luck to everybody on the giveaway and I don't want it myself.
Ok, maybe I could use it if I won it.
Ok, ok, just possibly it would come in handy.
OK YES I WANT IT!!

Reactions: CharlieB
Welcome to the forum! I too do roof inspections and am always surprised at the number of people needing inspections, who never thought of using a drone.

Unfortunately, too many people think of drones as evil "spies in the sky", etc.

I think it's up to professionals like us to show the public that's not the case, and educate them to all the potential uses.
I Totally Agree!

View attachment 59 Greeting to all from the Golden State! I am fortunate to fly for the San Francisco Giants and Golden State Warriors. I also provide aerial services to several municipalities in Silicon Valley. I teach Drone Production and Dynamic Aerial Imagery at the collegiate level at the Academy of Arts University in San Francisco. I am looking forward to learning and sharing with the new group.
Glad to have u onboard, we always to use someone with great knowledge. And, never too late to learn as well.

Reactions: APEX^ZERO
Greetings all. If you have any questions about mounting 360VR rigs on Inspire's or M200's (or custom rigs) I'm your man :)
Btw, what is an 360VR rigs? I am assuming, that the 360 is an camera that shoots 360* degree around. Correct me if I am wrong. As I have yet to get my hands on the Inspires 2, and the M210.

I painted my P4 orange so it could be seen better. It does help hence the name of my company Orange Bird Aerial Service.
Lol....Nice name for ur company, I also have a thing for orange as well. I have brought myself a drone skin, and with this extreme cold, I might as will put it on...lol

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180107/63ec390b41a791e09017819afeb4b6f3.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180107/ce9ffcca52dc7649d7071ee3e8dce8b3.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180107/297f7fb01e356ffbd07ea99050b435cb.jpg

Hello everyone, John here. Adapting to the Part 107 rules and regulations was not very difficult for me. What I am having difficulty with are the posts in this forum that relate to skirting the law. As a Commercial Drone Pilot we are expected to perform our work as professionals, safely, legally. Anything less and you are being part of the problem not the solution.

Hello from Central Louisiana. Been 107 certified for almost a year but mainly for recreational flying. Just getting into the commercial side due to people asking to do various jobs. Most interesting one so far? Checking on cows. Yes I live in a rural area and there are livestock everywhere. Offered to do it for free but the owner insisted on payment. I have a P3S and just purchased a Mavic for longer distance. A P4P would be a great addition.

My name is Charlie, and live in Indiana. right now, I fly a Phantom 3 SE, just to get an feel for it, and practice, practice, practice. I am surrounded by agriculture, fields all around the city. So, when I get the drone company up and running, i will do a little bit of everything, that u can think about with the camera. Not limited to Agriculture, but including:
Advertising, News Media, Wind Farms
Bridges, Power Plant,
Construction, Real Estate,
Emergency Response (if needed), Roof Inspection,
Insurance Adjuster, Solar Panels,
Landfill, Transmission Lines,
Mapping, Videographer,
3D Mapping, Weddings? and lastly, Zip Lines

Again, it all what u can do with a camera.
Thanks, CharlieB

Last edited:
Hi this is Ron from ma, just got my 107 and getting into trying to get some business going would be great to see how others are going about it and any advice would be greatly appreciated

I've just joined the forum and looking forward to discussions with others who are in the drone business. We've been up and running at Hughes Aerial Imagery since Fall 2016, but it has just been in the last few months that we've started to make some real money. Other small business owners have advised us to not only be persistent but to also diversify and try new things and that sooner or later hard work will pay off. Sounds simple, but we've found it to be true. Oh yes, we could put a new Obsidian to good use, too!

Reactions: Gavin White
I'm thrilled to see this website built. This is going to help build the community of passionate drone pilots all around the world.
I have a Phantom 4 Pro and I must say, this tech outpaces a lot of the gear that I use. Given this is one complete package, it is the best option for many drone pilots and will actually do just fine for many applications.
The winner of this P4P Obsidian is going to take home a great piece of tech that will really kick off your career as a Drone Pilot.
Good luck everyone!

I work for a small fire department, and I'm in the slow process of getting a drone program up and running. I'm excited about the potential of drones with the fire service and search and rescue! In addition, I'm hoping to get work on the side on my own, doing anything drone-related, but it's a very expensive goal to get my own stuff, for an ideal setup.
Looking forward to connecting with others here!

Reactions: RenoAndy
Hi Commercial Drone Pilots
I am a full time photographer, reaching to sky with an eagle eye perspective where we miss the birds eye angle of our planet to enrich the photographic visuals. You can see some of my highlighted work at Aerial/UAV – Kurtay Photography
Thanks for the opportunity to connect with other pro uav pilots around the world. There is always a room for creativity. Look forward to seeing/sharing your/mine experiences here.
All the best.
Kurtay

Thank God; 2018 is not a leap year!!! (LOL) Can't wait to see who the lucky winner shall be.

I will be dreaming from now till well into next month over all the potential applications and modifications I can make with this "Visionary" & "Intelligent" little guy..

Hello everyone, John here. Adapting to the Part 107 rules and regulations was not very difficult for me. What I am having difficulty with are the posts in this forum that relate to skirting the law. As a Commercial Drone Pilot we are expected to perform our work as professionals, safely, legally. Anything less and you are being part of the problem not the solution.
I completely agree, as commercial pilots working in a professional world, you should be following the rules and not trying to find ways around them. You’ll get more respect as a drone pilot, and your clients will see it as well.
If you want a successful business you need to be professional, skirting the law is not that.

I know it’s a little off topic from this thread, but I’ve noticed this as well. Not necessarily on this forum, but all over the internet.

And a warm welcome to all the new members!

Hi All! I recently got my part 107. My background is video and film since 1977. Soon retiring from academia. My interest is in landscapes and nature cinematography. I'm starting small with GoPro 4s and some 3DR solos. Already looking at changing the lenses on my GoPros. I recently shot in Costa Rica (not with drone.) For drone work, they want over $1,000 for a license to be legal there. I couldn't believe that!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku