Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

CDP Giveaway - Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian!

I dropped my introduction in the new member's section, so I figured I'd swing by here too. I'm really looking forward to learning a lot from this site. I'm still a fledgling when it comes to the commercial usage of drones, but I'm excited to learn and develop.

Hey Everyone, Just passed my 107 test this morning. Only have a P3S but would love to win this P4. I will mostly be doing real estate, photography (prints), and boat sales.

Congrats - took close to 2 months before FAA got me my "hard copy" of the card - so don't go crazy checking the mail like I may have...

Reactions: Outta Control
Welcome to the new Commercial Drone Pilots Forum! We believe we've created a great forum for all our commercial pilots to discuss and grow their businesses.

To encourage current (and aspiring) commercial pilots to dive in we are giving away a Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian with the following rules.

1. Create your CDP account.

2. Create a thread to introduce yourself and tell us about your business.

3. Begin creating threads and posting responses in the forum.

Each thoughtful, articulate, kind and helpful post created before February 28th will be counted as one entry into the drawing for the Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian giveaway. Responding with a simple "me too" or "I agree" post will not count as an entry.

On March 1 we will randomly choose the post #, notify and the winner and announce it here on CDP.

GOOD LUCK!
View attachment 1
The question is how this forum will differentiate from all other drone-related. Would it be possible to discourage Tello/Spark/Mavic pilots to post trivial questions here, usually easy to solve with manual in hand?

By definition - I assume - I'm not qualified to be here. I have a fleet of 4 drones (all presumably of professional grade) and no business of any related kind. Never made a quarter with them and not planning to. Yet I'm enjoying flying and landscape photography immensely. I'm fascinated by this continuously evolving technology. I'm a technocrat, hobbyist and enthusiast. I'm also a retiree. Would I be lucky enough to meet any soulmate here and learn something new? Something what haven't been mangled to death on other forums already? Will see ...

I am new to the forum and look forward to the interchange of knowledge and experience made available by seasoned Drone Pilots.
I have been involved in Documentary Wildlife Filming in South Africa on the Largest Rhino Sanctuary of the World - 1 400 Rhino!
Awesome experience and an opportunity to engage 'up close and personal' with these endangered beasts.
I enjoyed capturing some of the most impressive footage.
Unfortunately, my business partner 'did me in' good and proper, and the project has now stalled - just when I was ready to take the Series to the market- sad day for the Rhino!
Now I am moving on to Commercial and Real Estate, among other areas, and look forward to the cross-pollination of expertise.
PS. I suggest a dedicated, linked, site where we can upload and share 2 to 5 minutes raw (watermarked if required) footage of unique, or otherwise, owned content.

Now that my introduction formalities are dispensed with, and no doubt the real reason most of us are on this forum is to establish how the heck we are going to make more money from our Drone Filming passion!
In South Africa the Real Estate sector seem to sneer at Drone Footage as a Marketing tool (my dear wife is a new Real Estate Agent - so I had better tread cautiously...)But, truth be told, they have little interests in showing a prospect a short, 3 to 5 minute, produced, Video-Brochure of the property - they will rather Take the Client their personally!
With everything 'online' surely this has got to change at some point in time! -See more potential properties, select the best, then go personally to view and 'feel'!
This has been only one of many 'un-yet-discovered' areas where we will, in due time, be able to swing sentiment in favor of Film.
...will wait and see what the wife says about this post...!

A huge advantage of the P4P in mapping work is the mechanical shutter. It cures the rolling shutter that can occur when taking photos of moving images...or moving while taking a photo of a still image which is what you do when running a mapping flight. This can add accuracy to the finished article. Together with the longer battery life than an I1 it makes it a better tool for the job that that machine, even running an X5.

Hello all, I currently use a Phantom 4 Advanced for the few videos I've created/edited with Final Cut Pro. The part 107 certification is coming in the near future and I'd love some advice from anyone who's done work in a large city. I live in San Diego, CA and I foresee all of the restricted/limited flight areas posing some significant challenges. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

I am just starting to establish my business in Tennessee after medical discharge from the Army. I have a P4 currently, but looking to add to my fleet and start getting my feet wet with work and networking. I have already completed a few Drone Base client missions as well. Adding a P4P to my fleet will add another great dimension to my business and allow for better photos and videos for future clients

Hello from Colorado! I'm just starting to get my business off the ground (no pun intended). Planning to start with real estate and my mavic pro because that's all I have at the moment. I'm hoping to get enough business to get a P4P and Inspire 2 from there. I was planning expanding to mapping, agriculture, and possibly weddings. If anyone has any advice for someone starting out or advice on pricing that would be great!

Welcome to the new Commercial Drone Pilots Forum! We believe we've created a great forum for all our commercial pilots to discuss and grow their businesses.

To encourage current (and aspiring) commercial pilots to dive in we are giving away a Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian with the following rules.

1. Create your CDP account.

2. Create a thread to introduce yourself and tell us about your business.

3. Begin creating threads and posting responses in the forum.

Each thoughtful, articulate, kind and helpful post created before February 28th will be counted as one entry into the drawing for the Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian giveaway. Responding with a simple "me too" or "I agree" post will not count as an entry.

On March 1 we will randomly choose the post #, notify and the winner and announce it here on CDP.

GOOD LUCK!
View attachment 1

Hi Everyone !

I'm Ashleay here,currently flying with my Mavic Pro which is awesome due to it's portable size for me to carry around.
But this Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian is a COOL drone , I can use it for my aerial photography or videography in 2018 !

Here is my youtube channel with some videos I had done so far:
Twenty5 Channel

Wish everyone good luck and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018 !

Hello,

The limit of Drones is your imagination...
I got that in my mind since my first training.
I wish this forum will help to create new ideas and opportunities for all of us.

Best regards

Philippe

I gave up my phantom, but I always kind of wish I would have kept it! I have times where I am out on a shoot and could use it! This would be a great win!

We are still getting up and running here in Williamsburg, VA and the P4P Obsidian would be a great addition to the fleet! We have not paid for any advertising yet. I thought the real estate side of the business would be where the bulk of the customers would come from but thus far I have had better luck with private parties wanting pictures or video for their own personal use. We offered the first photo for free to several local realtors to build rapport without investing anything above and beyond our time but no one took us up on it. I am going to wait until the Spring before spending money on advertising. Anyone have any suggestions or lessons learned regarding advertising?
I suggest building a sample portfolio to include some videos. You can email them to potential clients (real estate agents) as an example of a sales tool for them. /remember, your fees come out of their commission so it will be a hard sell at first. Drone photos/videos are best sold to the higher end property agents.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku