Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI rtk base station

Blazer5658

Reaction score
Hello all, looking into getting a DJI Agras T50.

I already have a RTK base here where i will be flying that is casting over Ntrip, but i was told that it would not connect to DJI.

Just wondering what are the options to connecting rtk to the controller, as I can build an portable RTK base for a lot less than they want for theirs.

Thanks

We fly our DJI M3E while connected to our Trimble base station we have set up on a large construction site. You have to connect via wifi the controller and the base. Then you drill into the Trimble WUI via the IP address and then configure it. That's a very 50,000' explanation but it can be done.

I already have a RTK base here where i will be flying that is casting over Ntrip, but i was told that it would not connect to DJI.

Just wondering what are the options to connecting rtk to the controller, as I can build an portable RTK base for a lot less than they want for theirs.

Thanks
As long as you can transmit multi-channel RTCM 3.x there shouldn't be any issues.

If your looking at a trimble system, then you have plenty of cash around to by several D-2RTK base station from DJI.....lol

Thanks
Are you saying you have a DJI D-2RTK base station or are you referring to local NTRIP systems. The DJI Base Station doesn't use NTRIP systems.

Are you saying you have a DJI D-2RTK base station or are you referring to local NTRIP systems. The DJI Base Station doesn't use NTRIP systems.
The D-RTK 2 uses local NTRIP to the drone via the RC and yes it can accept incoming NTRIP corrections to be used as a rover but what you might have been talking about is the fact that it will not cast NTRIP to 3rd party devices.

The D-RTK 2 uses local NTRIP to the drone via the RC and yes it can accept incoming NTRIP corrections to be used as a rover but what you might have been talking about is the fact that it will not cast NTRIP to 3rd party devices.
If what you are saying, (DJI 2RTK connects to local NTRIP) what software do you use to pick a NTRIP site?

If what you are saying, (DJI 2RTK connects to local NTRIP) what software do you use to pick a NTRIP site?
Thinking more about it... I think connecting to NTRIP and using the unit as a rover was isolated to using GS Pro so you'd have to have a separate controller and/or iPad with GS Pro on it.

Thinking more about it... I think connecting to NTRIP and using the unit as a rover was isolated to using GS Pro so you'd have to have a separate controller and/or iPad with GS Pro on it.
I'm not a big fan of NTRIP as you can run into stations that are not producing enough correction data to get a fix solution, that is why having a true base station that can bring in its own sat's is always best. NTRIP is a nice option when it works properly, but nothing is more frustrating than being out on a site and only getting enough data to gain a single or float solution which is not good enough to set a survey point.

I'm not a big fan of NTRIP as you can run into stations that are not producing enough correction data to get a fix solution, that is why having a true base station that can bring in its own sat's is always best. NTRIP is a nice option when it works properly, but nothing is more frustrating than being out on a site and only getting enough data to gain a single or float solution which is not good enough to set a survey point.
I agree running cloud NTRIP is a horrible idea with a drone. I run local NTRIP with Emlid receivers exclusively which provides the shortest baseline possible and never loses a fix. Ever.

I have a nice used D-RTK2 base station for sale if you're interested.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Got to Go