Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

DJI Smart Controller use with Phantom 4 Pro V2

Z06Aggie

Reaction score
So Ive posted this question on numerous forums and websites with zero answer so far. DJI customer support chat didn't even have an answer for me. One last try before I return this thing and get a CrystalSky monitor.

I purchased a Smart Controller to go with my 4P V2, mainly for increased visibility in bright conditions. iPhone just isn't cutting it anymore. Got the two linked up, no problem. Drone takes off and flies no problem. Here is my issue: I'm trying to make the wheels work similar to the wheels on the stock P4P controller. i.e. you use the right wheel to select ISO, Aperture or Shutter speed, then rotate the wheel to adjust the value. Very helpful when making quick changes in the air for still photography. The right wheel of the Smart Controller tilts the gimbal left and right. I can't seem to figure out how to change the setting of the wheels.

I did read that you can use the 5D button to change shutter speed. The 5D button doesn't seem to do anything. I have it set to Increase EV when pushed up, etc. When you push it, nothing happens.

I'm beginning to think, since this was originally built for use with the Mavic series, that it's not 100% ready for P4P V2. If this is the case I will return it, get a CrystalSky and use with my stock controller.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boduku