Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Mike Flys

Reaction score
Website
www.mikeflys.com
FAA Safety Team
As a private airplane pilot I have been attending FAAST classes for years.
As commercial drone pilots you can and should attend as well.

You sign up for free at Safer Skies Through Education - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov
After you set up your account you can choose from a list of topics you want info on, and some other preferences.
sUAS - Small Umanned Aircraft System is one of the choices.

Then when a class near you or a webinar comes up you will get an email inviting you to it.
Attendance is free, there is generally refreshments.

I went to a sUAS FAAST class a couple months ago on how to file Airspace waivers. Although I had already filed a few, I picked up some great tips, learned a couple things, met some sUAS pilots, and helpped educate a couple of airplane pilots.
Some airplane pilots are a bit resistant to sharing airspace with drones. By showing up and acting professional we can help educate them.

If you are an airplane pilot, or are interested in becoming one, or just curious you should check out the other topics as well. I follow most of them.

Please let me know if you go to, or have gone to and what your experience was like.

Also signing up with the FAA Safety Team website will allow you to receive TFR and GPS interference emails for your area.
I got this one a couple days ago:

FLIGHT ADVISORY - GPS Interference Testing

GULF AREA FREQUENCY COORDINATOR

(GAFC) 18-02

21-27 January, 2018

Fort Walton Beach, FL

Centered at 303424N0862641W or the CEW145019

The entire flight advisory may be accessed and downloaded at the following address:

https://www.faasafety.gov/files/notices/2018/Jan/GAFC_18-02_GPS_Flight_Advisory.pdf

Last edited:
Reactions: Clinton Carman
Great thread. Like you, I've been a member for years now and highly suggest it.

I've always "hoped" that they would do Part 107 like we do with Part 61 and you can get "Credit" towards your BFR through the FAAST system.

Reactions: Mike Flys
Great thread. Like you, I've been a member for years now and highly suggest it.

I've always "hoped" that they would do Part 107 like we do with Part 61 and you can get "Credit" towards your BFR through the FAAST system.

I have been hoping that to. So instead of a BFR or what ever the Part 107 equivalent is you can use your FAAST credit to stay sUAS current.

Reactions: BigAl07
Also signing up with the FAA Safety Team website will allow you to receive TFR and GPS interference emails for your area.
I got this one today:

FLIGHT ADVISORY - GPS Interference Testing

GULF AREA FREQUENCY COORDINATOR

(GAFC) 18-02

21-27 January, 2018

Fort Walton Beach, FL

Centered at 303424N0862641W or the CEW145019

The entire flight advisory may be accessed and downloaded at the following address:

https://www.faasafety.gov/files/notices/2018/Jan/GAFC_18-02_GPS_Flight_Advisory.pdf
Thank you very much for the advice, I'll be sure to sign up for something like that! That could be very helpful.

Reactions: Mike Flys

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donut