Welcome, Commercial Drone Pilots!
Join our growing community today!

Greetings from North Central Texas

R Martin

Reaction score
I was ready to fly when 107 went live. I am a program manager for a state institution and fly in support of our construction projects. The rest of the flights are mainly mapping missions to record current conditions at various location on our property (almost 300 acres). When I am not flying I mange GIS field services.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the CommercialDronePilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge, for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in the commercial drone field.
Enjoy!

Thank you TJ. I just became aware of this forum via the Inspire forum. Glad to to be here.

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Hello and welcome to the Commercial Drone Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://commercialdronepilots.com/account/personal-details

Allen

Thank you Allen. I had already taken care of the location though sometimes I do broadcast from the dark side of the moon as well.

Reactions: BigAl07
We currently fly an Inspire 1v2 with the stock X3 until I can convince the board to upgrade.

The I1v2 is a solid machine and does some things that the Inspire 2 does not including the the use of a thermal camera. The M200 series can do that plus more. If you want to upgrade to give them a better final product you may want to suggest the following.

Higher resolution images with the X4S, X5S camera with the opportunity for additional sensors.
Longer flight times with the I2 or M200 series allowing the jobs to be done with shorter time in the field.
System redundancy increasing safety to the public and operator's.

Until then, enjoy flying the Inspire 1 as it is a reliable machine.

The I1v2 is a solid machine and does some things that the Inspire 2 does not including the the use of a thermal camera. The M200 series can do that plus more. If you want to upgrade to give them a better final product you may want to suggest the following.

Higher resolution images with the X4S, X5S camera with the opportunity for additional sensors.
Longer flight times with the I2 or M200 series allowing the jobs to be done with shorter time in the field.
System redundancy increasing safety to the public and operator's.

Until then, enjoy flying the Inspire 1 as it is a reliable machine.
I like the I1v2. The lack of redundancy and short legs even with TB48 batteries is its major drawback. That, and its manufacturer. I'm trying to convince the board of an upgrade to the FireFly6 Pro. It has a good sensor package selection that does not require any mods out of the box, roughly three times the flight time depending upon sensor mounted, and the Sony A7R camera which would be a huge improvement over the I1v2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KC5JIM